or Connect

Posts by tracymom1

Hm, it sounds like he really does need to talk about things. Does he have a friend or brother that he is close to? Maybe he would be more comfortable talking to them. Maybe if you start discussing YOUR fears, concerns, or just what-if situations, he will begin to open up and then a discussion can be had. I think that education is extremely important when considering UC, so make sure he is as informed as possible before labor begins.
What a beautiful story! Congrats and thank you for sharing! Enjoy your new little one!
My DS suffered a 3rd degree burn on the top of his hand. Once the skin was intact, we bought a pure calendula cream and massage it into the scar 2 times a day. I cannot believe how quickly it has helped to lessen the appearance and texture of the scar. I wouldn't put it on an open wound, but once the skin has grown back it will help tremendously with the scar. We use this one:...
Sicky mamas, I hope you are feeling better!! How was Thanksgiving? Did you guys indulge or calorie restrict for the holiday? I definitely indulged, but I also ran 8 miles on Thanksgiving and 7 miles yesterday and today. I had to show my metabolism that it can overeat a little and I will make up for it with exercise! It will become increasingly hard, though, as the holiday season gets under way and people start making all sorts of delicious treats. I am getting a...
justKate my milk to 6 days to come in after my section, too!! I kept wondering where the heck it was!! With my subsequent vaginal births it only took a day or so. I definitely think that there could be a link between c-sections and delayed milk... though I am sure not everyone experiences this. My section was at 35 weeks and after a long and complicated pregnancy so I am sure that added to it, also. After the section, I recommend the Earth Mama, Angel Baby c-section...
Congrats on the amazing birth of your baby girl!! Enjoy her and thank you for sharing your wonderful story!
I was present for my 2 best friends births - one completely natural and one induction/epidural/ experience. Both were invaluable and amazing and I was so proud to be included in their special moments. I believe that it helped me prepare for birth in ways that nothing else ever could and I would not change that for the world! I think the most important thing I took away from their experiences was that birth is hard but it is not something to fear and that changed my...
I had/have low bp. The worst part is the "seeing stars" when I bend down and don't take my time coming back up! For me, with my last pregnancy, I was always chilly (even when it warmed up) and had more fatigue than I would say is normal. I have had this my whole life, though, so was pretty used to it. I took my bp almost daily to make sure I wasn't too low (which for me would have been any lower than 75/50). I think that if you have been checked out and are not having...
Hmmmm... I don't think they would delay cord clamping. I worked in L&D for a brief time as an RN and I although nobody requested it back then, I can't see the doctors being agreeable to this. Maybe times have changed, though, since there is a lot more info out there of the benefits of delayed cord clamping. Do you know what kind of sutures were used in your last surgery? They might want that info if you had a reaction to them so they know what not to use. Sounds...
I had this and it lasted several months. Every once in a while I feel it again for a brief time. I think it has to do with the healing process and, like you said, the nerves. It was annoying, but not that bad.