or Connect

Posts by tracymom1

Are there any of you out there? I am trying to make some connections/start a group of UC mamas in my area. I live on the north side of the city, but am happy to connect with mamas in any of the surrounding areas as well. Sometimes I feel like I am the only UCer out here, but I know that can't be true I would love to start a chat!!
Ugh Men always seem to be able to drop weight quicker than women. I think it is because they have a greater muscle mass than most of us and that helps burn off extra fat. DH can loose 5 pounds by blinking his eyes, I swear! I have held steady this week... I haven't been able to exercise like I usually do because there has been some family stuff going on. But at least I haven't gained any back! I won't be able to get a workout in until Sunday so I am already starting...
Congrats mama!! Wow - I am sure this news is pretty shocking. Best of luck with your pregnancy and expanding family!
I am 2 months postpartum with my 2nd vaginal birth. With this birth I had a tear that I did not have stitched up (no tearing with my first birth). I noticed a huge difference in how things felt and looked in and around my vaginal opening in the first 6 weeks or so. DH and I finally DTD this past weekend and everything worked just fine, no differences or strangeness - I was actually shocked that it felt as good as it did! I was fully expecting some irritation or...
Oh Mamas! The motivation thing is so hard. You know what keeps me on track - seriously - the ONLY thing that keeps me on track???!!! MY 20 YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION!!! It is happening in December and I'll be damned if I don't kick some of this weight before then. I am going to look good. Period. I also have 3 (possibly 4) weddings to attend next year and I really want to be able to buy or make some pretty new dresses. I have spent several years now being a frumpy mom...
Trekkingirl, your prednisone weight should easily go away. I have been on it in the past and haven't had a problem getting rid of the few pounds i gained. I hope your back troubles get better. Keep us posted! Well, I decided to weigh today instead of Wednesday because I missed last week. I am noe 137!!!! Yay!! Please update me:joy
I'm still here! Just busy with my brood. Jude is a very, very fussy baby so I don't get on MDC much these days. I did't weigh myself last week but I have been doing well with my eating and exercise. I only have 3 days a week where I am able to work out right now but that should change soon. Welcome new mamas!!
Ugh, broken toes suck! After my first was born, I broke my foot and my 2 last toes on my right foot. Hopefully you heal very soon, mylilmonkeys!! Folks, I have officially made it into the 130s!! I was 139 this morning when I weighed and couldn't be happier! Okay, well, when I get to my goal weight I am sure I will be happier, but I am going to celebrate this small but mighty achievement! I am eating well and exercising as much as I can and each day I feel better than...
This sums it up for me, too. I hate the midwest and would go coastal in a heartbeat if I could. The COL here is OUTRAGEOUS and the schools suck. Sure, Chicago is a big city with lots and lots of "cultural activities" but they all cost a whole lot of money. The library has "free" passes to the museums if you can get in early enough to get one, but you still have to pay for parking and any special exhibits. Public transportation is just not possible with 3 children...
Salem, OR or the surrounding communities like Monmouth or Dallas. That area pretty much fits your description perfectly.