or Connect

Posts by tracymom1

Way to go Andrea!! Okay, a sucky way to drop the pounds, but at least they are gone!!! I have had almost no time to exercise this past week because DH has been working extra hours at his part-time job (in addition to his full-time job) because the owner was out of town. So only one little pound for me! I am now 142 and hoping to really kick myself into high gear this coming week. trekkingirl, I have recently come to accept my fuller figure, too. (at 5 feet tall, 142...
Yay 5 pounds!! Mamapigeon, that is awesome! Yes, please, update me! I couldn't go for a run today as planned because it was 95 degrees here and looks like that heat wave is going to continue all week. I dusted off the treadmill and will get up on that tomorrow! And then I start "boot camp" the first week of August - 2 mornings a week for a month. I bought a groupon!
This is what I am thinking, too. I have been eliminating dairy slowly and just need to take the plunge and cut it out completely to see if it helps. Sigh. Soy will be hard to get rid of, too, but I have done it before and can do it again.I think Jude is just a snacker. He much prefers small meals - even when DH gives him a bottle of pumped milk, he will only take about 2oz. I am pretty sure this is why he wakes to nurse so frequently. I just don't really know if I can do...
Most of you know we are having some...shall we say, challenges, over here. I just want to see how things are going for you all. Are you getting nighttime sleep? Is your babe? How does the flow of your night look? Do you have a bedtime routine or do you plan on starting one? For us, starting around 8pm, Jude will sleep for 1-1 1/2 hours at a time and then wake to nurse. I pump and DH gives a bottle for the feeding at 9-10. This way I can get in a 3 hour bit of sleep. Jude...
Hi mamas! Does anyone have any ideas or experience with a particular brand of shoes that are difficult for a toddler (almost 2yo) to remove? My DD takes her shoes off constantly, and while *most* of the time I really don't mind if she chooses to be shoe-free, sometimes it is just inappropriate or extremely frustrating (like when I have my newborn crying, my 3yo trying to run across a busy parking lot and now I have to stop and get DD's shoes back on while trying to keep...
We got a major case of the poors this year so we sold my rings and earrings. If I had a choice, I would want a mother's ring instead of just a diamond. Hopefully this will be in my future!! I love rings and miss mine!
Smokering, have you played with the tension a little bit? Maybe the bobbin case needs to be replaced? As for desserts, i have been craving those shortbread cookies with a blob of jelly in the middle. Yum! Thats my suggestion. My posture is awful, too, although it has gotten better over the years. I am so much more aware of it now and try very hard to sit up straight whenever i think of it.
Hugs, MaryElizabeth. To both you and your family. You will be in my prayers.
Andrea, I second the trail mix idea. I always have a bowl of it next to me when I am nursing the babe. You are tandem nursing, right? The calories and fat from the nuts and fruit will help support your milk production and keep you energized. (this coming from a woman who hasn't slept in almost a month, lol!) I lost 2 pounds this week - I am now 143! I am exercising when I can - which has been about every other day. DH is working really crazy hours so I don't always...
Just curious as to what the norm around here seems to be. How long did you have to wear a pad? Did your bleeding start and stop? Did it increase with activity? I am almost 4 weeks postpartum and still having some light bleeding-sometimes i go almost all day with none but then it picks up again at night. It was like this with my other 2 kids as well. I am soooo sick of it already!! It seems like my norm is to bleed longer than most, so i just thought i would check with you...