or Connect

Posts by tracymom1

I didn't exercise over the weekend because of my tooth pain from my crown falling out but I am getting back on the treadmill this morning. It makes me nauseous, but I need to MOVE!! I am going to start prenatal yoga next week. I know its early, but I just love the instructor at my studio and really look forward to being in her class again. Does anyone swim? I have been thinking about heading over to the park district's indoor pool for some laps once winter hits. I...
Brittee, you are right - a new baby doesn't really need a whole lot. Especially if you bedshare, breastfeed and use cloth dipes. Resale shops, Craigslist and yard sales are the best places to find most things. You can even post things that you need on Craigslist and see what people might have to give up. Once the baby is here, you can gradually add to your baby gear with whatever you feel you will need. I didn't want a stroller either, but it really has come in handy...
I think the only thing that worries me is the "private forum" thing where you can invite people to be in your "group". One of the reasons I like MDC so much is because it is so inclusive - nobody really has a chance to feel left out. I spent a lot of time in my life feeling left out and really don't want that to happen again. I mean, I have Facebook for social networking, and I have MDC to be around like-minded mamas. IDK, its a different feeling - a different reason...
Well, after a migraine with aura on the way to the dentist, I am happy to say that I have a temporary crown in place. I can't really have any work done until the 2nd trimester so he just did the temporary today (without any anesthetic- ouch! it really hurt). At least that is done for now! Katie, I kind of know how you feel but for me its my parents. DS blurted out our 'news' to them on the phone the other night and my mom was pretty restrained, considering her usual...
HUGE surprise!! I was charting and must have some fluctuations due to my DD nursing more aggressively recently. I ovulated on day 8!!! I never ovulate that early. About 8 hours after we DTD, the cm changed and I just KNEW that something was up. Sure enough, 9 days later, I had a faint line. Never, ever would have thought!!! I am feeling a little overwhelmed but for the most part all is well. I do think this will be our last - both DH and I are getting older and...
Congrats, mama - and deep breaths!!!! I think that there are MANY of us in this DDC that have "unplanned" pregnancies this time around and are finding it a struggle to relax and accept our new status. I keep jumping back and forth between "everything is wonderful!" and "oh crap! what am I going to do with another one!!!???" It will all work out - and you are right, every child is a gift!! We have each other to lean on for the next 8 months!
Wow, Alisha, a ball!! How exciting! I literally cannot remember the last time I put on a formal gown. Probably my wedding! Have a great time! firecat, are you in the Chicago area (your Bears comment made me wonder!)? Some other MDC mamas and I are starting an AP playgroup - if you are interested let me know. I have an appointment at 11 to get my tooth looked at... hopefully fixed. In the last 2 years I have had 12 cavities filled, 4 root canals and 5 crowns...
Ugh, Katie, I know what you mean. I have really been sick the last few days and am desperately trying to keep a healthy and positive perspective - which for me usually comes with exercise. The tooth pain has totally thrown me for a loop, though, and I essentially sat on my bum today and played trains instead of cooking, cleaning, organizing, etc... sometimes I think both the kids and I really need to just let go and not worry about everything that "should" get done and...
The prenatal vitamin packet from Metagenics has a choline pill in it (in addition to a multi, calcium, 2 DHA/EPA and a separate omega-3). It is a lot of vitamins to take but worth it. The first time I heard about choline was through my FIL who is an MD that practices homeopathy. He has done a lot of research about brain development and highly recommends a supplement of choline for pregnant and nursing moms.
Thought it was time to start a new chat thread! So far this week has started out a little bit stressful. I lost a crown last night and am in a tremendous amount of pain. I will call the dentist tomorrow but the problem is I just don't trust him and need to find someone else. I am hoping he will just put a temporary on and I can then seek care elsewhere. I can't eat or drink and am so nauseous!! A lovely day lies ahead Did everyone remember to change their...