or Connect

Posts by NCSSM04mom

I've done two stretch and sweeps with this pregnancy now. The first one, at 40w6d was no problem. A bit uncomfy during, but no problems afterwards. But when I had the second at 41w1d...Oh god. I was hurting for 36 hours afterwards. Ow, ow, ow. And I'm still pregnant at 41w4d. I don't think I'll do it again this pregnancy, although I might in a future one. I have an induction scheduled on Thursday night at 42w. I at least plan to try it for a while, although I may check...
I'm still around. =) I've got an induction scheduled on Thursday night, which is my 42-week mark. I'm willing to try the Cervidil, which is why I agreed to schedule, but if it doesn't do anything, I might just check out AMA after that. Hopefully the little one will decide to do things on her on before then, though! Good luck to everyone! Hopefully we'll all have babies in our arms soon.
I'm 40w5d now. I really thought yesterday was going to be it. I had contractions that got progressively closer, and bloody show. But they never got really strong, and stopped around bedtime. I'm having more contractions this morning, but I'm trying not to pay attention to the time, since they're still not strong enough. I had a NST on Sunday which came back fine, and tomorrow I have another along with an ultrasound an my regular appointment. If I don't pop by next...
I have one this afternoon. This will be first time someone is checking my cervix besides me. They want to try a sweep, but unless I magically dilate more in the next three hours, that ain't happenin'. I'm spot on 40w today, and if I don't have the baby sometime over the weekend, I've got an NST at the hospital on Monday.
Looks like it was the Beaver Brook playground I was talking about. I finally got around to asking my partner today. I'll probably check out the LLL group after she's born. I think I'll take advantage of my last few days of solitude, though.
I've been wondering this. I've been checking myself, and I was completely closed for a long time. When I finally got dilated to 1cm, I was really excited. But it seems to fluctuate back and forth. I think some of mine is cause by whether or not I'm using EPO that day. But not totally. Some days I can use the EPO with no effect, other days I'll dilate from closed to 1cm with no sex or EPO. So obviously it can happen, I'm just not sure how common it is. Oh, and just as...
I'm right next door in Abington. I'm from NC, so I don't know the area too well, but my partner grew up and went to school here so he's taken me around to a few places. There's one playground behind a school (don't know which one) that I'm fond of. It's older, but it has really nice wooden play structures and architecture. Not just prefabricated plastic stuff. It's adjacent to the sports fields behind the school, so there's grass they can run around on, assuming...
I'm still waiting to see how this will turn out for me. I don't really use the term hapa, but I do love it. We've made up our own term and are calling our kids halfipinos. I didn't know there was a whole cultural thing about the Filipino nose. I thought it was only my partner. I haven't had much exposure to Filipinos. Honestly, before I met my partner I thought the Phillipines were closer to Cuba than Japan, since I associated them with Spanish culture. So I think...
Woohoo! Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by trimestersdoula What they said ^^ If you don't have STD's your baby does NOT need the eye goop. Not sure why when the mother tests negative for them that they still push it. It makes no sense to me. They even give it to babies born via c-section. I think it's that whole thing with doctors where they never trust anything you have to say about your sex life. For example, you go to the emergency room for...