or Connect

Posts by misswerewolf

I can totally relate. My parents immigrated to America from their war-torn country, and I was just a tiny babe when we arrived. They raised their kids in their culture and of course we were enveloped by the American culture (really, can't get away from it no matter where you are!). Most of my life I could never identify with either culture. When I talk about my heritage, I usually refer to it as "my parents' culture" or "my parents' cuisine" or something of that...
Scary? No, not at all. Exhausting? YES! I thought that I had prepared well for giving birth the first time around, and for the most part I WAS well-prepared (mentally, physically, you name it). But, man, it was possibly the most exhausting experience of my life. Afterward, I felt like I had just run a marathon, climbed a mountain, and swam across an ocean. The second time around, in several months, I will be even better prepared -- physically, at least.
$4,900 for the "discounted" rate. Lab fees and birthing supplies are extra, of course. We're in California and paying out of pocket. Eh, whatever. I'll have a home birth at any price.
Fortunately, I never had to convince my partner...not that it would've mattered, since if he hadn't agreed to a home birth, I would've told him to take a vacation and return after the birth. As it happened, he's all about natural birthing and natural everything else, so no convincing required. The conversation went something to the effect of me saying, "Oh, I think I want to give birth at home," and him saying, "Oh, good idea." That was it. Do you know a couple in...
seafood, yum... : delicious raw fish, yum... : delicious cooked fish, yum... : yummy!
Coming from a culture that is heavily into tea-drinking, I would consider myself an avid tea drinker. I haven't given up on any of my teas, be they black, green, flower, herbal or whatnot. Everything in moderation!
I would recommend nipping it in the bud right away. I think that it is best to be direct and blunt about it, or if she is anything like my mother, she'll purposely misunderstand what you're trying to accomplish. This is what I did with my own mother, who put up a fuss and told me that I was mean not to allow her a "proper" grandmother-granddaughter relationship (okay, whatever!). But it ended. Our relationship was a little strained for a while, but it's okay now, and...
We went from 2 to 1. I hate driving, so I got rid of my car, and we still have his, which we rarely use anyway. He bikes to work, and I walk everywhere with the baby strapped to my back or in the stroller. We use the car primarily for grocery store trips and going out of town. Otherwise, it's walking or biking for us. I don't think it's a big deal, but I'm not a fan of driving or car ownership in the first place.
Quote: Originally Posted by mommatotwo Finding a job now with benefits will not help, because your pregnancy will be a pre-existing condition, and they will only waive those if you had insurance before. Pre-existing conditions like pregnancy are covered if one is insured through her job. This is what I've read and also what I've personally experienced. For me, my insurance came looong after I found out about my pregnancy, and maternity...
Quote: Originally Posted by organicmidwestmama im so confused about the cost of this house. i live in the usa, midwest, high col area and we bought a beautiful 100 year old home big enough for all 6 of us for less then 300K, in a good neighborhood, ect. 1/2 a million seems really high, how could that be the least expensive home in the area? is canada crazy expensive? yikes, id stay if you can afford it cause like pp stated you will likely lose a major...