or Connect

Posts by halifax40

Well that was fast...called my doctor today just to update her and she got me in and made arrangements at hospital for U/S...it confirmed that things had stopped developing. Got home after the U/S and m/c happened right away, guess my body was waiting for confirmation. Thanks for the support everyone!   Stevi - I am so sorry to hear this, but I understand how difficult it can be when so much of one's life gets focused on something that may or may not happen...hoping...
Going to be brief with this post, sorry for the lack of personal replies:   Light bleeding has started, guess I am no longer in limbo...and ironically I just got a call from midwife program for my first appt...I had so wanted a midwife before but the waitlist was always too long here where I live...might know I would get accepted this time and with such perfect timing. Xander is asleep in my arms, I feel sad, no two ways about it, but this loss truly is different...
Me again...I knew it was likely too good to be true :-( I am just over 7 weeks now and I have started to spot...it is only a small amount, but 2 of my M/C started exactly the same way. I tried not to get my hopes up too much, but it is amazing how quickly one's head and heart embrace a new pregnancy.   Caritasrainbow - I can only imagine the relief you are feeling...still early days, but that is a great increase.   Litmama- I have had more than my fair share of...
jlynn- Thanks, I know I am biased but he is a cutie!   I wondered if it would be the blue dye +/- I have seen many women on other forums "burned" by those and many TTC groups tell women not to use them as they just seem to be prone to second line too often when one isn't pregnant...now they do work well for some women, but I have seen errors a lot. I would stick with pink dye tests. Yes if you O'd earlier than normal then your cycle would be shorter and AF would be...
Hi jlynn, First of all, you may want to try a different group as this one is specifically for women over 40 (and the special concerns they may have in TTC)...you still have a few years before that. That being said I am more than happy to reply to your post.   Your details are a bit confusing...you say that you still have 9 days before AF is expected...that would be too early for a +hpt, however I have no idea how you are determining where in your cycle you are. You...
Haven't been on in a long time and really need to read through some of the posts from the past while to see who is still around and who is new, but I am so nervous and need to post this somewhere.   I had planned to drop back on once I got my first PPAF but things got busy. It finally arrived at 10 1/2 months, despite Xander's constant breastfeedng. My first few cycles were shorter LP than normal, and I wasn't expecting much...well Xander just turned 14 months and I...
Thanks so much! I know I am biased but I think he has an amazing smile :-)   Gumblossom- Wish I could share something, but I think it really was a matter of just finally getting the "golden egg". After the third M/C I had some basic testing done that showed no issues (other than my age and the expected changes with that) and as my cycles were still quite regular and OPK/BBT charting seemed to be confirming O each cycle, we just kept giving things as much of a shot as...
Hi everyone, just thought I would drop by and see if this group was still active and see how everyone is doing. Don't know where the time has gone, Xander will be 8 months old in just a week and a half, it is just flying by. Went through so much to get here, but can honestly say that it was worth every moment of frustration, fear, and heartbreak that we went through...being a mom is all I could have imagined and so much more, I feel as though I smile almost all the time...
Hi everyone,   Haven't had time to catch up on where everyone else is (will try to do so soon), but wanted to pop in while I have free moment to let you know that our little boy,  Alexander William (calling him Xander for short). He arrived on June 08 at 5:36 am weighing 8 lbs 9 ounces and ended up being born by c-section (after a much tried for natural birth)...I was in labour for 37 hours and was almost 47 hours after my water breaking, it was beyond exhausting and...
First of all so sorry for your loss.   Sounds like you had an LH surge (your body trying to gear up to ovulate), but that doesn't guarantee an egg will be released. I know after one of my M/C I had EWCM and +OPK but didn't have appropriate BBT rise to confirm O. Next cycle I was back on track and ovulated with no problem. Some women ovulate as normal 1st cycle after M/C, some take a cycle or two to get back on track.