or Connect

Posts by rozziemama

Ladies. Just revitalizing this thread to ask a question that I think, even 8 months later, is still relevant to this topic: At 8 wks pp, I had an IUD (paragard) inserted. With the insertion came some fairly heavy period-like bleeding (i had stopped lochia bleeding at about 5-6 wks) which lasted about a week. It then stopped and since - nothing. With DS1 I got AF about 9 months pp. So Now, I keep getting mildly intense menstrual like cramps every so often, but nothing...
Kai is a big baby in general but he definitely has a longer torso than legs - outgrows onesies before pants too. i almost always think back to the whole "short femur" ultrasound when I was 18 weeks, and how much grief that caused me, when really, kai just has a long torso. If I had only known then ...
Grace! How awesome to hear from you! Thanks to you and onemore - I am going to be relaxed about the egg thing then. we'll see. I guess if he breaks out in a rash, I'll know something's off! I think its so funny how different babies are. DS1 was just a fabulous eater in general and would chow down anything with spoon, with us feeding him, feeding himself, whatever. DS2 will sometimes let me spoon feed him, but mostly just wants to pick it up himself, and won't do purees...
Quick (? ya never know!) question: what is the deal with eggs? do i really need to separate out yolks for an 8 month old baby? we were having scrambled eggs the other day and babe REALLY wanted them - no one in my family has any sort of egg allergy but everything I read says egg whites are one of the top allergens. Anyone have any real world experience here? I also know that some guidelines are different now wrt allergies vs. the way they were back in 2008/2009 when I was...
My little chunker is in 12 months usually- though some brands 9 months and some 12-18 months. I've found Carter's to run smaller, baby gap kind of normal/true to size. The length is the biggest issue.
Jynx my first babe had maybe ONE tooth at this age. My current babe has six. Be thankful yours has no teeth. Enjoy tooth free nursing.
Also: do you really give a bottle of chamomile tea? That is such a good idea and I have never heard of it before.
This is such sensitive, thoughtful advice - thank you!Thank you really to Everyone who has replied - this reply really got to the heart of my emotional and physical experience with the biting.I realized last night I was literally anxious to the point of breaking into a weird stressed out SWEAT on offering him my breast. It really took me by surprise, the intensity of my reaction.I just nursed him to sleep (he woke up miserable too early from an afternoon nap) in my arms...
Thanks for the empathy - sympathy? - and the advice! I am starting to see a pattern with the biting. I think it is definitely tied to the cold, and also to active teething, like, a tooth coming in. And he has been teething like crazy (makes the biting that much worse, ugh). The other thing that sometimes leads to a bite is if he's not really that into nursing. You know how babies sometimes just play with a bottle nipple in their mouths if they are not that focused on...
Hello lovely mamas! As always lovely to hear from everyone. Maryam, you are stunning. MLog, I was so relieved to read down and hear Elliot is better. Jynx - I think tomatoes are really acidic and a reaction now I'd wager wouldn't be a guarantee that he is really allergic - I actually think DS1 reacted to tomato sauce early on and is now not at all sensitive to tomatoes * although I think some nutritionists would propose we should avoid all nightshades! :/ I have so little...