or Connect

Posts by rozziemama

DS1 wasn't fond of avocado when I gave it to him as one of his first foods (I think sweet potatoes was his first too after I realized how ridiculous it was to feed him rice cereal!), but soon enough when he got bigger and ate it in pieces instead of mashed up, really loved it. Now at almost 4 years old he will eat an entire avocado in one sitting, which is great because it's so healthy, but... expensive! At least Trader Joe's has some good deals on avocados. We eat so...
well, October has started with a sleep strike. Yeah, my previously awesome sleeper is up multiple times a night. I am a zombie. My brain only has capacity to read up on how you all are doing... hope you're better rested than I am.   How is everyone feeling these days? babies are so adorable - I am wondering how we are all doing as mamas now that we are 4+ mos pp.
Grace! Hi! Well, Kai and Everett have the same bday - and we started solids last week...He has had Happy Baby Oatmeal, pureed sweet potatoes, and, his fave thus far - pureed pears, mixed w/oatmeal. I waited until 5.5 mos w/DS1 but Kai seemed ready. All the same things you described.
yep! was a gift from DH's colleagues - the org he runs here in Boston has the main HQ in Oakland (Playworks) - they sent it.
Oh no, mama. I'm so sorry this is so hard! And the stress doesn't help with making more milk either. Have you checked out this website http://www.mobimotherhood.org/MM/article-diet.aspx? I have been grabbing a handful of raw almonds, trying to eat oats, etc. But if you scroll down there's a list of all sorts of other foods to eat too - My advice to you would be to eat the lactogenic foods, keep nursing her around the clock, and if necessary, feeding from freezer stash --...
interesting. it's like so many things are happening all at once though - your period could be causing a supply dip, but babe is also getting bigger/hungrier -- nursing around the clock SHOULD bring your supply back up - if it's a growth spurt... I am not sure why I don't remember this phase from the first time around, but it feels very intense - 5 months - like they are about to explode developmentally and eating, sleeping, it all is getting crazed. I dropped off an...
Kai has been eating like that too, KM. (see other thread about being a milk cow! haha) its not supply... except I have hear that supply can temporarily dip when your period comes back? I didnt get mine til DS1 was 9 months and on solids for real last time so I dont really remember a supply dip but I have heard that to be common.
Well, maybe its a growth spurt or maybe he is needing more mama time after a long day or maybe he is just hungry ... but Kai seems to be implementing the "dream feed" all on his own - went from WEEKS of 11-12 hour night sleep to waking and nursing - and i did introduce some solids last week too!! I have no idea what is going on. I feel like he is having some sort of spurt - maybe developmental growth rather than physical growth. I dont know. "this too shall pass" is my...
yes! its wonderful. and makes me cry thinking DS1 was my baby 4 years ago...
He has been in one on one care this past month but is starting group care on Monday... thing is, Kai takes the paci. Kiddo sucks on anything  - nipple, bottle, paci, thumb, random teething toys, blankets, etc. he is a very oral baby! I think he may need 5 oz bottles. I think he really is that hungry.... As for STTN... Kai started to sleep from about 7 to 5 or even 6 at 10 or 12 weeks. Really sleep, with no wake ups! It made my return to work so much easier! But now - at...