or Connect

Posts by rozziemama

Such sweetness as these May babes enter that fun baby stage. I feel like they just become more and more delicious (and then hit the Terrible Threes and are sweet and lovely and terrors all at once, ahem...) I haven't posted a photo yet - here are two from this summer of my boys. Big brother can do no wrong these days - remember back when I found out I was having a boy, and felt a little sad, well, this brother relationship blows my mind - it's beautiful.  
onemore I was just thinking the same thing when I went online to post in the other thread, and saw that May 2013 is up now! Wow.
also PS - I cannot imagine nursing two kids. How you mamas with multiple little ones nursing ever manage to stay upright is beyond me. You are heroes.
Thanks Sara - that is an amazing thing to offer, but I feel like her milk would be better shared with mamas who have more supply issues/younger babies -- I've had the formula for a week and still not used it, and I'll prob start on solids in a few weeks you know? this pumping challenge, while really hard, might actually be a blip in my breastfeeding experience with Kai ... and for some reason, I've been totally engorged the past several days, so I'm trying to pump an...
Hi again! Thank you for this dialogue. It's so good to have a huge group of wonderful mamas with babies all the same age to discuss this stuff with.  Onemore! you really crack me up. Just FYI, my pediatrician totally backed up your position on solids - as in, no magic 6 month moment, and some babies may be ready earlier while others are not. She actually told me she prefers if we start around 5 1/2 months so we can have a check in at 6 month check up.   I think Kai...
Cristeen and Forest, such great advice, and thank you for the support. I am curious though - wrt the 5 oz bottles - thats also how much DS1 was drinking at daycare at 4, 5 months. Kai has his 4 month check up tomorrow, but at 8 weeks he was 16 pounds, so he's really big - and tall. For others with big ones drinking from the bottle during the day (or whenever) - how much do they eat at a time? Kai does 3 5 oz bottles between 9 - 5 pm.
Thanks everyone.  So, with my first I started on a little bit of solids at about 5 1/2 months. This was much more about his experience than his nutrition. Kiddo was still chugging breastmilk like nobody's business but by 5 1/2 months he was literally making us feel awkward at mealtime the way he'd stare at us while we were eating and even open and close his mouth mimicking chewing. So, we gave him a bit of pureed sweet potatoes mixed with breastmilk and rice cereal...
More terrific advice, thank you. I am going to be very clear with caregivers about this. And yes, certainly there are some general "stressed about returning to work" emotions mixed up in all of this...
What great advice. I'll read the Kelly Mom article - and learn about paced feedings.  I am hoping that once I introduce solid foods (next month maybe, depending on what pedi says) my anxiety and the unsustainable pumping schedule will subside a bit as well -- I think DS1 was about 5 1/2 months when we started some solids, like once a day. I don't mind nursing him more when I am home, I just really dont think I can mentally or physically handle adding MORE pumping to...
This is a great suggestion. He has his 4 month pedi appt on Wednesday next week, and I have been planning to discuss the feeding questions - I know we started DS1 on some rice cereal and sweet potatoes, pears, etc around 5-51/2 months. I know I'd feel a lot better about giving him actual food. I do have the sense (since this is the second time I've done this) that this issue is kind of a moment-in-time type of thing, if that makes sense - because as more solids are...