or Connect

Posts by rozziemama

Baby_Cakes you look great so I know that's not what those people are thinking. Of course yesterday this guy asked me how far along I was and I told him I was due in late Oct - he gave me a look that was so clearly "wow, you look huge for 5 months" - so I felt terrible and wanted to say "please leave me alone a**hole" but instead just said "yup, October" and was frustrated. What the heck does he know about how big I'm "supposed to look"? Jerk. I cannot stand people...
about pregnancy acne? I think hands down this (+ the god-awful heartburn I started to experience last week!?) is the worst pregnancy symptom I've experienced thus far (22 weeks). I mean, it's not so bad that I'm embarrassed to go outside, but I am definitely self conscious... I should have known this would be an issue since when I was on the pill my skin broke out a little (I know its usually the opposite for people, go figure). So much for that "pregnancy glow"...
I'm 21 weeks and feeling them too - once or twice a day, since last week. My midwife said they actually happen throughout pregnancy from the beginning, but the uterus is often too small to feel them until around now? They are pretty weird, aren't they?
Baby_Cakes I am starting to feel self conscious at the gym too... but then the other day a girl came up to me in the locker room (this was at the end of the workout when I had been self conscious for 30 min thinking everyone was staring at me) and she said "when are you due? your belly is so cute!" I was flattered (so easy to flatter me these days!) - and it made me think that yes, they are probably staring at me but not necessarily in a bad/negative "she shouldn't be...
Hi October mamas -- I'm sort of new to this group (lurk around a lot though!) but also due late Oct 08. At 21 weeks I'm sort of freaked out that I've gained 19 pounds! I am trying not to drive myself insane looking at all the weight gain guidelines & whatever - but I gained about 5 or maybe a few more? pounds in the first trimester ... so here I am at 19 pounds only halfway there. eek. I mean, 40 pounds total isn't so horrendous, but how can I be sure that's all it...
definitely round ligament, i agree with all other posters. i've just started to get it too @ 20 weeks. I've been seeing a chiropractor -- I had never seen one before getting pregnant, and was a little nervous/not sure what to expect. Now I can't recommend it more! It helps with round ligament and other pregnancy aches and pains -- pretty amazing. she just helps to get my pelvis aligned and that helps give the babe some more room to grow, and my uterus to feel...
we tried to get the heartbeat at 8.5 weeks, couldn't hear anything (which was normal) but the dr. scheduled an ultrasound anyway - the heartbeat was 164. Now we're 18 weeks - at our last appt (16 weeks) the heartbeat was still in the 160s. My midwife (we switched to a midwife, much happier now!) said it will probably go down later but the 160s is a good, strong heartbeat. I wonder if it means it's a girl. Hmmmm.
Hi everyone. this is my first time on the forum. I am so thrilled to have found it! We're technically due with our first on Halloween, but I feel like it's probably a November '08 babe.