or Connect

Posts by thewaggonerfamily

PS Love the blog link!
I'm in, but not a lot of time to type right now. I know a lot of traditional homemaking skills. Off the top of my head...knitting, sewing, bobbin lacemaking, cooking from scratch, canning, drying, embroidery, cooking over a fire, diaper making, and lots more. I am working VERY hard on decluttering my house and having everything has a place. I have been chipping away at it for a long time, but now I am serious. I have gotten through a lot of the emotional things and and...
I think so, from what I remember from my last bead swap, we had international bead swappers. You need to figure out what you need to do to do the equivalent of a prepaid flat rate envelope. It seems like there was some sort of postage coupon? (I haven't had a chance to go to the PO and research that part yet, anyone know?) I'm thinking we can work it out one way or another. I think the big thing is that you will need to get your beads sent to whoever is doing the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrizzo Well since this is the case- I am dropping from this bead swap and MDC. I am sorry but what makes someone with 1500 posts any MORE trusted with "possibly hundreds of dollars worth of beads" ? Someone stepped up- created a yahoo group- and offered to coordinate everything. I am not going to be apart of a group that is going to be so... well I won't name call. I loved this board- but seeing this happen disgusts me. I'm...
Just thought I'd add, not a scare story, but a good one IMHO. 2 years ago this June my DH almost died. They didn't think he was going to make it and if he did that he would be critical in the ICU for 3-6 mos. He had staph and strep (flesh eating bacteria) and went into severe septic shock and all his organs shut down, including him being on dialysis, a vent, having his heart shocked 3 times, including once in the life flight hospital going from one hospital to another...
Quote: Originally Posted by SunShineSally I hope you do not feel bad mama, I know that you were doing this out of the kindness of your heart I hope you continue to stay around here Yup, yup, yup! FWIW, the new MDC mamas with less than 150 posts can't even see the swap board that has the swap rules, so it was a completely innocent mistake. She was totally lovely when I pm'ed her. She was just trying to be hel;pful and get the show on the...
The Nov 2009 DDC bead swap yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/November09DDCbeadswap/ The other group is being closed and consolidating with this group. (If you are in that group you need to sign up with this group.) Sorry if it cause any confusion. At least one of the mamas who set up that group has graciously agreed to help mod this group. Thanks mama! Go post an intro over there as we wait for everyone to get solidly to the 2nd trimester. I'll be posting...
I'm here (with a bunch of pms from concerned mamas!). First of all, not everyone is in the second trimester, yet. I'm working on some things in the background. I'm going with the assumption that some mamas, because they are new to MDC (Welcome to MDC new mamas!), didn't realize about the MDC swap guidelines, since they don't have the minimum amount of posts to see the swap forum and were excited to get the show on the road, since I wasn't posting there. (I've been...
I'm here (with a bunch of pms from concerned mamas!). First of all, not everyone is in the second trimester, yet. I'm working on some things in the background. I'm going with the assumption that some mamas, because they are new to MDC, didn't realize about the MDC swap guidelines, since they don't have the minimum amount of posts to see the swap forum and were excited to get the show on the road, since I wasn't posting there. (I've been waiting for everyone to be...
Hartfelt has the correct link posted. In case you missed it, the Nov 2008 DDC bead swap yahoo group link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/November09DDCbeadswap/ The other group was closed and is consolidating with this group. (If you are in that group you need to sign up with this group.) Sorry if it caused any confusion. Go post an intro over there as we wait for everyone to get solidly to the 2nd trimester. I'll be posting pics over there as soon as I get a few minutes...