or Connect

Posts by mbbinsc

My DD turns 3 in October and still nurses 2-4 times a day. I, too, have taken it day to day. Somehow, all the days are adding up to 3 years with no end in sight. Her pediatrician and allergist are both cheering us on (though I do think they think I am a bit crazy!). I look forward to the day I can eat eggs, cheese and nuts!
My DH had health issues that were helped by NAET by a chiro. DH had environmental allergies, fatigue. He maintains relationship with chiro who is knowledgeable and holistic in approach. Few years later took DS (who was 6 at the time) for idiopathic hives. Don't know if NAET or time took care of the hives. When DS had some wheezing the next year, I was told that he may need treatments every year. Multiple treatments at $65 per session. I dobelieve in this chiro, so...
We have used the pulmicort respules and xopenex for 4 episodes of asthma with a cold for my DD who does have severe food allergies. This last visit to her allergist we discussed daily inhaled steroid to prevent episodes. The pulmicort works and I think is OK for her age. We are hesitant to give daily and will try treating at first sign of virus in house. She may ended up daily anyway. I am SAHM and still nursing. We can't use other versions of pulmicort as they have...
My 2.5 yo DD has viral asthma and severe food allergies. I have rx for flovent but concerned that she is too young. What have you decided to do?
My 2.5 yo dd has food allergies to peanut, dairy, egg, tree nuts and shell fish. She gets asthma when she gets a cold. We have had 4 episodes this year but have controlled with pulmicort and xopenex (with one episode requiring prednisone as her O2 sats were 95%). Does anyone do daily preventive treatments? Her diet is limited, she is still nursing (my diet is limited, too) and has had eczema which is under control. I hate that she is the child that gets the...
My 2.5 yo DD uses water, rice milk and juices. I still nurse and wil use same plus soy milk. I don't use almond as she does have tree nut allergy , too. MD said to avoid soy for her as she could develop allergy.
Thanks for the messages. I have a 10 yo who weaned at 18m. He is healthy but sometimes needy. Could have nursed longer! Given the age differences, I realize that taking time for nursing may help in the long run (or make no difference!). We have adjusted to all the food eliminations though 10 yo misses peanut butter. But he understands as he witnessed the anaphylatic event (and all the testing). I am a SAHM which makes life easier. We have survived bad eczema and...
I am new to posting but need some support. My 33 month dd has severe food allergies (dairy, peanut, egg, soy, tree nuts, shell fish). I nurse (in fact she is latched on right now). I am 47 and not planning on having more children. I don't mind the adjustments to my diet as she is so healthy. Anyone with similar experience? I just want to prepare myself for nursing into menopause!