or Connect

Posts by mbbinsc

I just dealt with a stubborn baby tooth in my 12 yo DS. He has been late losing teeth all the way (dentist says it is good as he will have better brushing habits when all permanent teeth are in). But this latest tooth turned pink in the center, which means that it was getting reabsorbed. The dentist recommended really working to getting it out or to have it removed if it would not budge. I was getting concerned as he has had straight teeth and I did not want to have...
Glad that it went well. I am sure he was impressed with your level of preparedness!
Sorry that the Doc did not listen to you. A visit to a Physical Therapist could help by assessing the knees and developing a home program for stretching and strengthening. They would probably be more understanding of the stressors on your joints given your lifestyle. You may need to call back to the doc office and talk to nurse to get referral for your insurance to cover PT visits. I'd tell them that your stomach can't handle so much ibuprofen (round the clock for...
Does anyone have a recipe for gingerbread men cookies that is egg, dairy and nut free? Or an online site to buy? My DD's preschool is planning an activity involving gingerbread men. The teacher would like to be able to serve the class all a Kathryn safe cookie. The preschool is only 3 mornings a week with snack time as the only food encounter. The teacher this year is trying to adjust the snacks served to be safe for m DD. I'll find out tomorrow at the parent meeting...
The family doc may not be comfortable with testing at such a young age, but he should be able to give a rx for epi-pen based on your observations to latex. Depending on your insurance, you can call direct to allergist. Sometimes it is easier for a doctors a office to get timely appointments.
My DD does have food allergies. She once had an episode of vomiting all night long following a fake mac and cheese product for dinner. I figure it was the annatto coloring. All her other reactions have been with hives, wheezing, swelling, etc. That night was unique in that the only thing going on was the vomiting. We don't have food allergies in the family, just alot of other types of allergies (which is a risk factor). Hope that this was a one time only event for...
If the only reason to give the vaccines is that it is the recommended time, I would certainly delay until his system is better able to handle. You would hate to have regrets, and can always vaccinate later.
My DD (to be 5 in October) has food allergies to dairy, egg, peanut, tree nut and shellfish. She has had one ana event and must carry epi-pen. She also gets asthma with viruses. It started around 2. We have not had to be in the hospital for asthma, but use the nebulizer with xopenex when sick. I am a SAHM so did not send her to preschool until last year. She went 3 mornings a week to a very good school. She did get sick a few times, but her worst virus came from her...
If it was my DC, I'd still want an evaluation, especially if there is any chance that the language delay and limping could be related (like some very hard to detect neuro problem that would be better to be addressed early rather than completely missed).
i agree with starting with you GP. A podiatrist would not be able to address any neurological problems, which is what you want to be able to rule out. A physical therapist could evaluate the gait pattern. Some states and insurances allow a visit to PT without first seeing MD. You could call your local pediatric PT office.