or Connect

Posts by DoingDoing:Julie

My son is 7 months old and we are seeking full time Chinese childcare in St George UT. Private Message me.
oh, I should also add, that I still have awful and traumatic memories of me crying and crying for help at night, and my parents either completely ignored me - which felt awful, or would come in and yell at me- which awfully enough felt slightly better than nothing, but still was awful. I even remember one night I wasn't tired yet, and I took out my little tiny teddy bear and a few pairs of socks and was making sleeping bag style dresses & hats with them, and talking to...
I'm reading a book called The Good Earth by pearl buck. And in it, the life of this man just wizzes by. It begins as an old man, and ends as an old man. GREAT read, by the way. But throughout the book, this man is so involved in his own wishes, whims and desires, his children are mere footnotes, and everyonce in a while his son will appear with a request and he sort of thinks to himself, "oh, my son . . ." And then, while I am reading this book, my sister (mom of 3 kids)...
Quote: Originally Posted by teale I hear you there. I was out with some girlfriends, and somehow we got onto the topic of religion; I tried to make it a vague unimportant part of the conversation. Most of the girls I hang out with know that I don't want to hear them talk about it, so we keep religion out of our friendship. This new girl was there, so she started badgering me about my religious past. She wouldn't back down, and I finally had to start...
OH dear!!! DH is my personal daycare provider!! hahah. He doesn't have nursies, and I tend to nurse DS to sleep (5 mo today!) But DH (and me too sometimes) walk him to sleep. Like pace. If he is tired and fussy I sort of jog around the room, letting him bounce in a reclined position in my arms until his crying turns to giggling, then when his giggling turns to grogginess, I slow my pace from jogging to charging, then when his eyes start to flutter I slow to a meandering...
Please update ASAP. I have been soooo stressed out for this little girl. I almost didn't post anything because I was so upset and knew there was nothing I could do for that little one. My heart is aching for her, PLEASE let us know!
OH, I should also add that I called DH to ask what he thought of me addressing the matter to the G. Manager, and he was extemely concerned that this would somehow result in all of the ladies with questionable work visas being fired. He is imagining that once formal attention is drawn to the fact that we have a multi-cultural staff, that attention will also be drawn to proper paper work.
Quote: Originally Posted by Minxie I just saw this thread on the front page and wanted to comment on this portion: At one point I inquired about whether or not my DH could cover for me 1 or 2 days a week as a guest service rep, and with a pained expression on her face said " . . . yes . . ." and slowly added, "that would . . . be fine." and I wondered to myself why she would have that look on herface, then I realized it was because my DH is chinese......
i've heard peolr say that! That an epidural effected their ability to push. Maybe it is different for everyone, but I had an epidural turned up so high I literally felt NO PAIN and very little pressure, and pushed my 8 ib 3 oz baby out in less than 10 minutes. I personally feel that because I had an epidural, and wasn't able to feel the discomfort of pushing, I was able to really push with all my heart. There was a lady standing by the moniter (the one that has our...
Thanks for the advice! J is my friend . . . its weird because she is such a sweetie, and so sensitive and down to earth one minute . . . And then the next she is selfish, money hungry, stereotyping, and racist! I should clarify and add that maybe I am a fair weather friend with her. I have had several heated conversations about her with my husband in the evenings. Maybe I consider her my friend because we are thrown together at work? But anyways, I really liked your...