or Connect

Posts by FondestBianca

Quote: Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes I'm so sorry you're feeling torn about this. It's really hard to make the conscious decision to start the weaning process. But, the truth is a lot of moms feel like it's time to start making steps towards weaning during the 2nd year. I personally would like to be done nursing DD by the time she's 2 and we've been working together on it. There is a Mama-Led Weaning support thread that I sometimes post on. It's...
Quote: Originally Posted by justKate Your post makes me feel selfish for my post about wanting to wean my 15 month old because she drives me batty when she nurses. With all due respect to the UA, I think MDC acknowledges that CLW isn't for every family. We're here about natrual FAMILY living, not about CLW at all costs. IMO, and I know it might not be shared by everyone here, babies are born into families. For a year life revolves around the...
I'm not sure how to phrase this, especially given the breastfeeding tone of mothering.com. A wonderful tone might I add... but, leaning heavily toward BLW. For medical and some personal reasons I would like to begin the weening process with 17 month old ds. We've had a very healthy, good breasfeeding relationship. Despite latching issues, chronic pain, mastitis more than once, thrush that left me having to nurse through open wounds on my nipples 3 seperate occasions,...
Quote: Originally Posted by InMediasRes Oh, gross. My ILs don't put out water for their dog. They ask guests to leave to toilet open so as not to cut off his water supply. I suppose if it was a tidy bowl thats not so bad but I imagine there is a lot of bacteria and bits of fecal matter hanging around in there.
Quote: Originally Posted by mumm My brother was/is a very laid back dad. He always felt it was fine for his kids to drink from the toilet (fresh, clean and cool) as long as it wasn't blue. I'll have to let him know his grandkids can drink the blue stuff too. I'm sure he'll be pleased. well now, it does say "not reccomended" but everybody knows thats just fancy talk for, "have at it!"
Quote: Originally Posted by mama2toomany Man! OOPS.. jk lol Unfortunately my dd is 5 and NEVER remembers to close the bathroom door, and my dog does sometimes drink from the toilet, makes me sick lol Although my dogs aren't tall enough to drink from the toliet I've made great use of sturdy metal gates with locking swing open door to keep my youngest explorer out of the bathroom. Definatly worth the $32 investment!
I wanted to try a different kind of toliet bowl cleaner and thought a sample size would be the best idea. I found this I flipped it over to read the the product info and laughed out loud when I read the last bullet point. product info had to share with you mamas just in case you intend to let your kids drink from the toliet bowl.
Strictly for blogging I use Xanga. It's an interesting community unlike any other blogging site. It may be smaller than wordpress and blogger but there is much more opportunity for interaction with other bloggers if you're interested in that. You can carve out a little niche for yourself there. It took me awhile to get the hang of building up an audience but, I manage to get a least one blog post in the Top 100 each week. Just stay away from the Xanga drama and trolls...
I have hotmail. I've used hotmail since 2000 or before and haven't had any problems. Very happy with it honestly. I do use MSN as my browser and that may improve the visual appeal and simplicity of the email page itself. When I access my hotmail through Internet Explorer it isn't as.... pretty but I'm not sure why. I've had email accounts with yahoo, gmail, and aol in the past and let them all vanish. None of them seemed to offer both the ease of use and a certain visual...
I agree that there should be no undertone as to what skin color is more desireable in general. I recently started tanning after going years without (naturally or artifically) . I tan easily and always have. Growing up I always had such a dark, unintentional tan that most assumed I was actually hispanic. Despite supplementing and switching to fortified products my vit D levels continue to drop. I was already too low.... and not I'm lower. The tanning allows easy quick...