or Connect

Posts by shantiani

Name:  Shanti Weeks/Days along:  30wks Appointments:  Last one was Friday.  We've moved the frequency up to every 2 wks since I am measuring unusually large and the mw's want to keep an eye on things. Symptoms:  Humungous, sore when sleeping, awful heartburn about every other day, and it's so hard to bend down with this enormous belly! Food:  Iron supplements have made my dirt cravings stop!  Just trying to eat a good amount of protein from mixed sources and lots...
Hey everyone! I posted once in the introductions thread waaaay back in the first trimester and then I got all overwhelmed and wrapped up in toddler wrangling and other distractions and haven't been back.  But I'm starting to feel that "OMG this huge lump is going to be a baby soon!" realization and it has made me want to jump into the group  (if you don't mind my party crashing so late in the game )   Quick intro... I am SAHM (still adjusting to that title after 2...
Hello! I'm 35 and this baby will be #2 for us. My edd is May 26th. I had 4 miscarriages before dd1 and ended up getting risked out of my homebirth and induced at 36 wks due to pre-e, so I'm hoping for a very smooth, healthy and uneventful pregnancy this time around! I'm feeling good so far. I'm tired and peeing all the time, but I'm also spending my days chasing a very busy 18 mo old around all day and nursing her all night (blasted molars!) so tired is pretty much...
I'm curious about this too. I had pre-e with my dd (induced at 36 wks) and want to try everything to avoid it again. Ive read from several sources that eating dark chocolate (especially during the 1st and 2nd trimesters) is correlated with a lower incidence of pre-e (and that chocolate is associated with lower blood pressure in general). And like you said, a high protein diet is supposed to help. I'll be doing both of those (yes please, chocolate! ) and every single...
I ended up choosing Erin Curtiss.  I really liked her throughout my pregnancy and would definitely recommend her, but she didn't actually end up delivering my baby.  I was risked out of my home birth at 36 weeks because of pre-eclampsia.  That was not something I had anticipated AT ALL and so getting suddenly thrown into a hospital with a bunch of strangers was really, really hard.  It all turned out fine in the end but that transfer was majorly stressful (nothing to do...
I haven't had time to catch up on all of the posts but sleeping and eating seem to be coming up a lot so I'll chime in there. Astrid is 6.5 months and still wakes up every 2-3 hrs to eat. We co-sleep so I barely have to wake up to feed her though and so I'm doing ok with it. She didn't nap at all (not more than 10 min cat naps anyway) until she hit 6 mo. Now she needs at least 2 loooong naps per day (1-3 hrs each!). That would we super helpful to me getting some stuff...
I couldn't get Astrid to nap for the life of me until she hit 6 months. 30 min used to be her max and even that was hit or miss. Suddenly after 6mo, it seems like she wants to sleep all day! Now, our schedule is totally nap driven. Two hours seems like how long she lasts between naps. When she starts getting tired or cranky I lie down with her and nurse her to sleep. As long as I stay down with her, she'll sleep for 2-3 hrs. Eating and napping seem to go hand in...
Thanks P&H. I think she's perfect, but I'm biased. Yes, I had pre-e with Astrid and had to be induced at 36 weeks. Feel free to PM me!
Oops, I just realized I posted on the old thread! (copy and pasting) Hi everyone! It's been FOREVER since I've posted (well, about 6 months anyway). Astrid is a sweet perfect lovable little girl. Oh and she keeps me busy for about 20 hr per day. The other hours I attempt sleep. Hence the lack of posting. But lately (hoping not to jinx it) she's been giving me a little time at night before bed and an occasional self entertained moment here and there during the day so...
Hi everyone! It's been FOREVER since I've posted (well, about 6 months anyway). Astrid is a sweet perfect lovable little girl. Oh and she keeps me busy for about 20 hr per day. The other hours I attempt sleep. Hence the lack of posting. But lately (hoping not to jinx it) she's been giving me a little time at night before bed and an occasional self entertained moment here and there during the day, so maybe, just maybe I can get back on the wagon. The thread wagon,...