or Connect

Posts by DasMaedchen

deleted after x amount of views and 0 replies           
I wish I had read this thread and the advice in it before I went to work today!   The situation is handled,  but the lead teacher definitely has hurt feelings about the whole thing.   My thinking is "She'll get over it"  and I've moved on,  but she was definitely giving me the cold shoulder and some dirty looks today.   I've known her for almost 2 years and worked with her before.  I don't think she's placed with the right age group right now,  but then she wasn't good...
Thank you for the replies.   I guess I should clear up that my daughter had no idea what I was "being mad" about.   She just said "Okay!" and went about her business.   It was my passive-aggressive way of telling the adult in the room that I was mad,  since that answer directly followed my comment about them eating in the dark.  I don't talk negatively about her teachers to her or around her,  I want her to like them and feel comfortable with them.    It was...
I work at my child's daycare, although not in her class.  She is 3.5 years old.  For the last 3 school days in a row (Friday, Monday, and today) her daycare teacher has had the children have "silent lunch"  where they sit in the DARK and eat their lunch with the lights off and are not supposed to talk.   Friday I didn't see it.   Monday I started down the hall to say something,  but when I got there, the light had been flipped on and lunch was over.   TODAY,  I found...
speaking only from my personal experience,  it all boils down to "selfish and lazy".
I am bumping this old thread because it relates to my life so well.  My daughter is 3.5 years old.  Her father and I were not in a relationship when I became pregnant.  When I told him I was pregnant, he told me to get an abortion and then refused to have anything to do with either of us.  He has seen a few photos of her and I have spoken to him a few times but always initiated by me.  I don't even know his real name.  I am not happy about this or proud of myself but the...
Personally I would feel uncomfortable about this and would not let my daughter go.   And to me it does sound weird/creepy that she is putting emphasis on your daughter coming to their house by herself.  
twice a day, morning and night.  in the morning she brushes them herself and then I go back over them ("checking her work").  in the evening, I brush them for her.
My little girl turned 3 in August,  and she recently (within the past month) started drawing people recognized as such...round body, stick arms and legs, some hair, eyes and usually a mouth or nose.  
I would have done similar to the OP I think.  I work with children so it goes against all my training and schooling to react in a mama bear way,  but sometimes there is no way around it.