or Connect

Posts by CoopersMommy0308

I know getting my GED is something I NEED to do, especially now. I am attending a GED orientation on Monday night  This thread was just the kick in the arse I needed to make that call. Thank you!
How do you do it? I was with my ex for 10 years, since I was 16. I do not have a high school education or much work experience. I know my ex has to pay child support and he is doing that plus some. We are only separated and he moved out in June. The boys and I are staying in the house (which he is paying for) and he got an apartment. He is giving me $800 a month for groceries/gas. He pays all bills. I would love to get out of this house. Have our own apartment. I just...
Thank you so much for the book recommendations!!!    I added the Sandcastle book and Raising Boys without men to my amazon wish list and will be ordering both soon.    I feel like I've read enough divorce books and we do have some childrens books on living in two homes and mom and dad separating. Right now I'm wanting books on how to help kids cope (THANKS for the recs!) and single mom books. Like a PP mentioned I am hung up on the "Single mom" label...
I have a part time job in the Child Watch dept of the Y and I can take my boys to work with me. Its perfect for our family. There is no way I could work ft outside of the home right now. That would be too many transitions at once. My husband moved out about 2 months ago. 
My 3.5 year old never nursed as a baby. But recently (in the past two weeks) he's nursed 2 times!!! Just for a few minutes each, but he's done it correctly and without my having to show him how. It was always my dream that he would nurse after my 10.5 month old was born but he wasn't too interested then. Now he is though! So yes, its possible. :) Good luck! 
My DH moved out in June. I've read a few books about divorce and separation for me. One of the books has a children and divorce section but I haven't made it that far yet. I'll probably get to it tonight.    I was just wondering if anyone has any book recommendations on divorce and children?    My DS (3.5years) has been handling the separation very well. Last night he spent the night at Dad's for the first time. He had a blast packing his backpack full of toys...
I completely understand. I was just coming her to make a very similar post. I've been yelling at my kids way more than I ever want to admit. :( I feel awful for it. I'm tired, exhausted, and haven't had a break or any alone time since my X moved out in June. The X was supposed to take our oldest son (3.5yo) all day yesterday and for the night last night but instead he went to play cards at a friends house. So not only am I tired of dealing with everything by myself all...
How do you explain to a three year old that Dad is moving out?     It hasn't happened yet but we are looking for an apartment for my DH. Our plan is to do a 6 month separation and the re-evaluate how we feel. We aren't sure where this will take us therefore we don't want to promise our 3 year old anything. But we want to make this as smooth as possible for him.   He is very attached to Dad (thankfully!) and Dad is very attached to the boys (our other son is 7...
We are making all the ornaments for our tree this year.  Mostly because our tree has been up a week and it's already taken a header  We are doing a craft a day as part of our advent calendar.    I don't know if I can post a link to my blog so I'll just C&P      - Tree topper (we paper mached an oatmeal container and then made paint and painted it red and green (this was a two day craft and the first one we have done)) - Orange slice ornaments - Clay snowman...
Check our ravelry.com they have a lot christmas ornament patterns.