or Connect

Posts by lifeguard

We don't have his money & my money. Haven't since we moved in together 16 years ago (although I worked full time or multiple jobs up until we had our children). Our accounts & bills have always been in both of our names, no questions asked. We are open about our money with each other, we both make decisions together although he earns most of it & I pay the bills.   Does it occasionally worry me I do not have a career? I suppose, but I know if push came to shove I could...
I am a ring sling fan. Make sure the shoulder is sitting over your shoulder cap (not sliding into your neck) & spread the fabric across your back for max comfort. I rarely use the cradle carry anymore. I find the tummy to tummy is easier & then hip carries as they get older.
We're hoping to get ours soonish - we're in Ontario, good winter! We are hoping this way they will be ready to lay as the light is improving so we can optimize their best laying time. First we need to get the coop properly set up & insulated.
Ds has a balance bike & he LOVES it - lately he's been asking us to build him a jump! He goes to the top of our yard & flies down. We got it when he was 2 & he's now almost 4.
Oh, that's hard. I had dd's tongue tie clipped at 4 months & the clinic thought that was old. We never got her lip tie clipped 'cause they wouldn't do both procedures at once & the clinic is a 5 hour drive from here so I pretty big deal to get to. I did find doing the follow up stretches upsetting 'cause it obviously was bothersome/painful for her but that passed pretty quickly. Tbh - I didn't find a significant improvement in her latch even at 4 months but I think the...
How long did you try the nightweaning for? Can you & dh switch so you can get a break?   Nightweaning helped ds sleep longer but not dd. With ds we found offering water helped significantly when he woke.   I would definitely look into trying to have him in his own space - even if just for the first half of the night. It's worth a try & might get you a longer stretch.   Hope you find something, we're in frequent waking land here right now & it is truly no fun.
I have parented both of my children very similarly. Ds was the easiest baby ever. He'd happily play on the floor for hours, or happily be in the sling, or someone else's arms, or, well, anywhere. Just a happy baby. Dd has spent SO much time crying. I hold her & carry her way more than I did ds simply because I've needed to & yet she still cries waaaaaaay more than he ever did.   It is NOT something you've done wrong. Some babies are just harder than others. It's not...
DD will be a year on the 7th! Af didn't return until 18mos with ds & then we actually induced with drugs.
Much like pp we don't insist on plate clearing or a lot of dinnertime rules. We make a meal, we serve it & then we put it away. If ds doesn't eat he knows there will be nothing else until breakfast. There are minimal snacks in our day. He is honestly the best eater of any of our irl friends. It could be just luck - we'll see how it works with dd.   Honestly, dh & I both struggle with portion control & eating past being hungry - we both grew up in houses where you...
All I can share is my own prodromal labour experience. For the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy with dd I had good, solid, timeable contractions for 3-8 hours every single day. I went to the hospital twice during that time thinking it was time & both times they confirmed I was indeed having contractions - they did not seem to be able to tell anymore than I that this was not it. It was exhausting & frustrating. I tried everything I could think of get them to keep going (or...