or Connect

Posts by TefferTWH

This is my second baby that has struggled with my ridiculous oversupply. Nora is now 2.5 months old and we are still fighting with my milk. She's gassy and often struggles at the breast, and I've already had one plugged duct and my nipples are SORE from the tugging. She needs a paci for comfort sucking because she gets hysterical when she's no longer hungry and the milk keeps flooding out of me . I need some advice from moms who have BTDT and can offer real advice for...
I had the Mirena after my son was born and I had terrible problems BFing and very resistant thrush. Since it's common knowledge that hormonal BC can cause problems with yeast, I would say anecdotally that Mirena contributed to my problems. I also had the WORST break out of my KP and crazy skin sensitivity that I have ever had while on Mirena. After seeing several dermatologists, I removed the IUD and it went away. I just don't believe that adding synthetic hormones to...
Great advice here. My baby is now 2 months old, and we are loving the Moby (although I wish it was a BBS in Aprohdite!). I'm just starting to like the mei tais with her, and I've all but abandoned my pouch sling that I loved with my son. I'm currently shopping and saving for a decent woven for when she weighs out of my Moby D. I think that no one's advice is nearly as good as just having a decent stash and working with them. I had no idea that I would like...
I have had both the Moby and the Moby D. The Moby is really forgiving, soft and easy to use. It washes well and wears well. I save the Moby D for going out because it's just so pretty (mine is black with teal silk), and just as easy as the Moby. My baby is still small enough that I can't tell if the Moby D's panel is making a difference in support though. Personally, I've nearly completely abadoned my hotsling in favor of wrapping! The hotsling is quicker, but I...
I have a Dr. Brown's handheld pump that really gets the milk out.
I walked and NEVER crawled as a means of locomotion and I was an English major - no problems with reading whatsoever. My son walkedaty 9 months after army crawling for 2 weeks, crawling for 1, and then straight on to walking. He'll be 3 in April and can read small words by sounding them out and recognizes others by sight. I'm thinking its not a problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by nerdymom I went to the march for life this afternoon. Never have I loved my moby more. The only thing that was difficult was nursing. I ended up takoing himhalf out of the wrap and nursing standing up, with part of the wrap as support. By the end my blood sugar bottomed and I nearly fainted. One overpriced hotdog later and I was back in action. Pj was wonderful, even on the train wich hurt his ears. He loved seeing all the...
With K I had horrific thrush. I basically did everything in Dr. Newman's protocol to kill it, and then went back and did another round of GSE just to be safe. It turned out I'd had systemic yeast for years, thanks to the Pill, and I had previously had other health concerns that nearly killed me from the yeast. We're doing probiotics (threelac) for me and Nora and APNO with sposie pads. I ruined a pair of hempies that I love because I was wearing them and leaking this...
We do have an out of state plan, and the state where the BCBS is listed allows for midwife births of any variety, but MI doesn't with BCBS because of the liscensing thing, which isn't available here. It was so circular and ridiculous, since our insurnace would have covered the birth if we were in their home state.
FWIW, we have BCBS and they wouldn't cover homebirth at all, but they did cover midwife care/birth by a CNM at the hospital. Water birth didn't matter to BCBS, although I didn't end up having a water birth.