or Connect

Posts by juandipr

Hello everyone; I need support because I'm really worried here. My second child (a boy) is 6 months and 2 weeks old today. He was a very easy baby the first three months, but lately he seems to me extremely active, not particularly fussy, but too alert and advanced for his age. He tried to crawl for a week or so, but now he doesn't want to do that or sit, he wants to be standing all the time, and yesterday he did it on his own. Since then, every time I put him on his crib...
Am I glad to read this post! I have been so depressed since yesterday for the same reason. Only my DS is only 6 months old! During the first five months he was such an easy going baby, and now since a few days ago I can hardly control him and he's soooo fussy and restless all the time. Seems to me that he is doing stuff that I would expect from an older baby, but his body does not help him and he gets frustrated. When I hold him, he's always with his hands straight out to...
I'm kind of depressed right now. My 6 yo son was in bed with my DH, and everything was normal; they read a story and my DH went to sleep but noticed our son was crying. Out of the blue he said that he was crying because he "does not want to go to the laboratory to have his blood taken and does not want to live". My DH was appalled because this, like I said came out of the blue. Nobody has said anything to him about taking him for blood work. He has always been afraid of...
Sorry if I explained myself wrong; when we decided to go to the hospital I had been having strong contractions for two days and was only 3 cm. dilated. When I got there, I was already 8 cm.(psychological effect?, fear? will never know). So I went from 3 to 8 in less than an hour during our transfer to the hospital. Thanks everyone for your replies...
Hi; I need your opinions on this one. We're having our second baby in May. We tried a homebirth the first time, but we decided to go to the hospital since I was not dilating. This time we are going to try another homebirth, and we are totally confident in our midwife / doula. The problem is that in my country, few doctors are supportive of homebirth, making it a difficult choice for women. During my first birth, I decided to tell my doctor a week before my due date...
Hi; I hope I can find someone who can relate to this. We just moved to our new house in the country, on a 3 acre farm. We feel very inclined to unschool, and I had been dreaming about this moment for years, yet these few days have been very dissapointing. I am home all the time with my 3 yo. son (he'll be 4 in September) and I feel very isolated most of the time. I am eager to homeschool, and feel inspired by such a beautiful place and the simple life, but also feel...
I guess what makes me really uncomfortable is that he hides to do this; he always finds a place under the table or behind a sofa, although he did it in the car today. But he is always looking at me to see if I'm watching him. When I tried to talk to him about his play, he told me that he doesn't want to tell me what the stories he makes up are about. The he agreed to tell me that he makes up stories about giving birth, that there is a machine that pushes the baby out,...
I've always found so much support and reassurance here, it makes me feel less worried when you know other people go through the same as you. Thanks for all your kind and clever replies.
I posted this on the parenting forum, and decided to post it here so I could reach more of you for help. My son is 3 years and 10 months old. We have always practiced attachment parenting, I am a SAHM and he's still BF. He is a well adjusted, kind and very manageable child. My question is rather complicated. I know exploring genitalia and masturbation is very normal at this age, but my son just started doing it more frequently and I have a specific worry. I have...
Hi; my son is 3 years and 10 months old. We have always practiced attachment parenting, I am a SAHM and he's still BF. He is a well adjusted, kind and very manageable child. My question is rather complicated. I know exploring genitalia and masturbation is very normal at this age, but my son just started doing it more frequently and I have a specific worry. I have been training to become a prenatal educator, and since he is always with me, he has attended with me to my...