or Connect

Posts by micah_mae_

Thank you for all of this information, believe me I am taking notes. The only reason I am waiting until the divorce is final (3 weeks or so) is because the kids and I are already gone. We haven't lived with their dad for a few months, this was a visit. I will be making sure the visits are supervised from now on.In regards to taking pictures, I have noticed that it is hard to get a picture of bruises most of the time. Can I take him to the police department if it has been a...
Our divorce won't be finalized for a few weeks yet. He has agreed to give me sole custody and signed a waiver of service, I'm doing it all pro se. I'm just trying to keep him happy until it's all final so he doesn't change his mind (to answer the question why I let him have them unsupervised).It's good to remember that my middle child doesn't realize what he's saying, I know they all miss him in a general sense. I will be getting a good camera for sure...i have a picture...
I feel like he's just toe'ing the line of abuse. :( Enough to cause psychological harm to the kids but not enough to get in trouble.
The kid's father has been in town for 2 days. I dropped the kids off with him for a few hours (at his parent's house) yesterday and we all visited today. Yesterday when I picked them up my oldest was crying saying that daddy pushed him and daddy grabbed his arm. I looked and he did have a red mark on his arm so I asked their dad about it and he says he gently separated them while they were fighting. Same type thing happened today. In the past I have witnessed him pushing...
 No it doesn't vary, the military does not own dependents so it can not make medical decisions for them. If the kids are not in base daycare (called CYS) they have no say. I don't even get questioned about it beyond "are they up to date on vaccines?" It sounds like an overzealous pedi taking advantage of her not having the best grasp of English.
Their dad is in the army. Being military doesn't mean mandatory vaccines, there are quite a few non-vax families in the military. I believe what you're talking about is for the "CYS" which is military daycare and such. For that you have to submit an exemption waiver and it has to be approved by the base commander, which is near impossible. I am ecstatic to be out of the military lifestyle.In regards to their dad's vaccines, most of them are right before deployment and we...
 Hi! You weren't talking to me, but as a parent of 2 completely unvaxed autistic kids I thought I'd weigh in. :) My oldest child has an official diagnosis of "classic regressive autism" although he never really "regressed"...he was autistic from birth and has comorbid diagnosis' of insomnia and adhd. My middle child has aspergers.I breastfed my oldest for 2.5 years and my middle for 2 years. We've always been very holistic, organic, etc. They've never been vaccinated,...
Thanks everyone! I have set up an appt to get life insurance so my brother and sister in law will have the $$ to fight for custody if I die. Unfortunately not much is documented in regards to his crappy parenting. I have witnesses who have seen him treat my oldest kid roughly (pushed him down and made him cry, then tried to tell everyone it didnt just happen) but theyre all family..I have his two inpatient psyche ward stays and the fact that thearmy sayshes suppoaed to be...
I think you would feel better if you waited.
Thank you Zebra and FrugalMomma, I'm going to do that! I'll let you know how it all turns out!