or Connect

Posts by micah_mae_

Thanks everyone for all the support...it is so good to know that I'm not alone and that many others have gone through this and made it through. I am taking notes for sure, a calming area would be really good for him I think, although the only place we can put one would be upstairs which would make it a bit more of a pain.. I'm honestly worried that one day DH is going to just say "you know what, I can't do it anymore" and leave...I never thought he would ever do that...
  I don't have a therapist yet but I know I need one. I need to be on meds again, it's the only thing that helps as much as I know I need it to. We had a meeting with EI on Friday but our first "eval" is Jan 4th. I have "e-friends" and a couple IRL friends that I can talk to but it's hard. I'm not one to talk about feelings and I always tend to be the "strong" one.   He probably won't read it. He has made it clear that he doesn't read and really just won't. It makes me...
My son also has a pectoral "abnormality" that is minor. He has pectus excavatum which he got from me. :) It can be serious and require surgery later but both of us have mild cases. The sternum is concave. He also has 2 toes that are webbed and a bump on one of them that they say is the beginning of another toe.
I am having a hard time. I'm depressed and anxious, bordering on self destructive. I constantly have thoughts of self injuring again, drinking, etc. But I have to hold it all together with a smile because if I break down, the whole family breaks down. My son was diagnosed on Monday with classic autism. He's 2. His main symptom? Meltdowns. Here's something that happened earlier:   He had a meltdown at church and someone gave him a cookie, that worked like magic (of...
I'm worried about having the money to send gifts to my in laws...but besides that I think we're covered. There was a consignment sale in July that I covered both kids for birthdays/Christmas this year for less than $25. Such a blessing.
NAK Thanks! Thats spendy but maybe insurance will cover it...
Our 2 year old (C) is autistic and our 6 week old (R) has severe reflux. Here's the night time situation now: Daddy takes care of bedtime with C and sleeps with him in our king sized bed. I take care of bedtime with R. He starts the night off in the swing, goes a solid 5 hour stretch most of the time. Then we nurse back to sleep and he sleeps with me on the couch (not a soft one, it's more firm than our bed). Problem is that sleep-nursing leads to him eating too...
Thanks, we'll be doing that for sure. I would feel better with a cushion anyway...
My husband may be getting out of the Army earlier than planned, this would mean that we may not qualify for the VA loan that we were depending on to get our house, among other things. My plan had been to pay off the car ASAP but now I don't know. Should I be throwing our extra $$ towards our 6 month emergency fund (we have $0 saved), towards our car or towards a house? I'm scared that he'll be out of the Army and we will end up with no job. :(
My husband may be getting out of the Army earlier than planned, this would mean that we may not qualify for the VA loan that we were depending on to get our house, among other things. My plan had been to pay off the car ASAP but now I don't know. Should I be throwing our extra $$ towards our 6 month emergency fund (we have $0 saved), towards our car or towards a house? I'm scared that he'll be out of the Army and we will end up with no job. :(