or Connect

Posts by sharr610

I don't have issues with bribing in a general sense.  It can work in some situations.  My issue is that it doesn't always work with DD.  Also, with my son, we fell into the bribing trap with potty training somehow and it took ages to break it.  It set up a power dynamic with him that just wasn't productive for any of us.  Safety issues are hard.  I think bribing a kid who doesn't get the safety issues, overall, not a biggie in the scheme of things.  BUT, I don't want it...
By the way, this is somewhat new behavior although a wee bit longer than a typical "phase" so far.  
Which lately seems to be my only option and it doesn't even work sometimes.  I can't even get her in it long enough to get it properly fitted which might help her comfort level.  Ideas?  I totally just had to cancel my trip to the farmers market because I could not get her in the bike trailer without restraining her to the point that I was afraid I was going to hurt her(she is VERY strong).  She knew we were going.  She was excited to be going.  She put on her helmet and...
Hi there,   My almost 5yo boy is obviously growing and changing.  That part I understand.  After parenting him for 5 years I know the signs of developmental changes and growth spurts and such.  I know there will be backsliding.  BUT, this is behavior I feel like is beyond that.    My son is a sweetheart, but has always been the younger one in preschool (late June bday) and as such, things like sharing and boundaries just have come later for him.  I accept this,...
Hi there. We've been living in our house for 3.5 years now. I have a 4.5 year old and an 18 month old. We have small visible mold patches in a couple of spots in our house. This time of year, you walk into our home and your eyes itch from the level of spores in the air. It's pretty bad, but only for 6 months of the year. But during those 6 months, my son gets eczema patches, my daughter is seeming to s well. I seem ok as long as I'm on top of my neti pot but my husband has...
Oh, I should also say the CFM was my thing that I was willing to be flexible on which I thinked helped us all out a lot.  It showed the Dr.s and nurses that I was willing to play their game and, in the end, it helped them play mine and got me out of the hospital faster.  I think its important to have a card like this to play, esp if your birth plan says something like mine did which was "NO CFM!"  If they see you are willing to be flexible when they want you to be about...
I had a LESS than  30% chance of success and was successful.  Lots of acupuncture, walking, low dairy/sugar diet at the end, and chiropracty to keep positioning in check helped with all of it.  But I also knew my body better and had a great birth team who listened to me and what I wanted/needed to BE successful. I also had CFM once things really got going.  It was no biggie.  I was moving around tons and my team knew better than to tell me to be still or be in any kind...
I was out of the hospital 5 hours after my VBAC, with my baby.  Talk to Dr. AND Ped about early discharge AND a doula or other birth professional familiar with the hopsital and docs could help with this process.  If your ped gets all uppity about it(like mine did) you can drop them for the birth and take your chances with who is on call.  Good luck!
Hi there!   I'm in my 3rd year of gardening and have learned primarily through experimentation.  I have just learned about "pruning" tomato plants and am thinking this is why I have never had that explosive yield that most people talk about when it comes to tomatoes.  Problem now, is, that my plants are already HUGE. Can I prune them now?  I am reading conflicting info out there on the interwebs.  Some say yes, some say it will stress the plant.  What to do?  Most...
Thanks!  I called our extension line and luckily the woman who answered had had the same problem the year before and assured me it would sort itself out.  I thought there might be a difference in the plants somehow, but honestly, they ALL look alike.  MAYBE some difference in some leaf patterns, but thats a stretch.  ALL the blossoms on my plants are white...Looks like my snow peas are in first and the rest are starting to come in.  Thanks for sharing the link with me!...