or Connect

Posts by Channelle

Ok this thread has been a real eyeopener for me! Could someone tell me ways to build her immune system? And what did I read about probiotics? I have some for her, because I was put on antibiotics two days before I gave birth, but never have used them on her. Would probiotics help her? Do they counteract the formula then? Oh and Juvysen- I'm trying so hard to increase my supply!! Any suggestions? I've been taking blessed thistle, pumping more, mother's milk...
I would let him, but that's just me. I have no problem with the idea of a young child nursing. I say this, because sometimes I dream about when I have my next little one and my current newborn then being old enough to finally nurse...I know chances are she won't, but I can't help but dream. It was so crushing when she couldn't latch, and then when she could, I had too low of supply...
Just bought a Medela PIS last night. So this morning was my first go at it. Before that I was using a crappy single electric. So maybe it will get better. I also bought some blessed thistle and mother's milk tea.
I'm an exclusive pumper with a low supply, and wanted your opinion. In the morning I often wake earlier than everyone else, and the baby usually sleeps another hour or so. After about 10 minutes of pumping, nothing comes out. Is there any advantage to just stay hooked up the pump for that entire hour or so? Like even if their is no milk coming out, could pumping anyway signal my body that it should make more? Or do I only make enough milk to replace what is pumped out?...
Would that change your mind about getting any vaccinations? I know a lot of people don't see vaccinations as necessary because they're baby is going to be extended breast fed. I really don't want to vaccinate, but since my baby is mainly formula fed, or really about half ff and half pumped milk, I don't know what to do? We don't do daycare or anything like that, but she doesn't get as much breastmilk as I'd like... She's three months old and we said no for the moment at...
Awesome! That's what I was thinking, but then the info overload got confused in my brain! Off to do a load of laundry! Oh, wanted to share that DH folded and snappi'ed his first prefold today, and did an amazing job! I was super impressed! Thanks so much!
We've done our first whole day of cloth diapering today, and now not sure what to do! We are using Grobaby, which has the snap-in replaceable soaker pads (We've gone through 2 of these pads today), Motherease Bamboo OS dipes with a cover (We've gone through 2 dipes today), and prefolds with cover, (gone through 2, plus one hemp doubler). All of these that we've gone through today, I've just hung on the line to let dry, which most have not yet(all these were wet...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ola_ I have heard that MEOS works well with the original Thirsties covers (not the duos). The shapes seem to be very similar. Just wanted to toss that in just in case it helps. Oh cool, thanks!
Most of it is onesize...but I went and exchanged some and added new ones. I didn't really like the bamboo motherease with the blueberry cover, it was reallllly bulky.
Thanks, I think I've got it figured out now, but I had to put her to bed in disposables...oh well, tomorrow I'll be ready! Oh, did my stash look good, or anything I can do to improve on it?