or Connect

Posts by GoBecGo

I voted that i don't and they're silly BUT i don't actually think they're silly, i just don't buy them.  I wear my normal underwear.  By the end it's a bit small on me, but i don't mind as it's low rather than tight (i must get bigger pubic bone to sacrum rather than hip to hip!).  I generally buy a super cheap pack of big black panties for the first few weeks after - something to hold those gargantuan PP housebricks, sorry sanitary towels!  But those i bin after a month...
Oh dear, don't be too stressed!  Babies usually come when they're ready, so it's not likely that not knowing the due date will make much difference (just to try to calm hubby down!).  After all for the last 60 million or years or so we've been gestating and it's only been the last 80 or so that we stopped counting "moons" and went to weeks!  Pregnancy often isn't very precise, and ultrasound usually can only give you a 2-week time period anyway (later on, if you go...
  Obviously you did not see or read my post.  We have the diaries of great great great grandparents in my family who CLEARLY had autism in some form or another.  I have studied mediaeval Irish law tracts which categorise "idiots" in legal terms (to state how such people should be cared for in the absence of other family and/or to describe in a census like way who lived where and what they did) which describe "those who circle upon toes and flap" as distinct from "those...
But is there a difference between the trauma a human infant has evolved some abilities to deal with and the trauma it has not?  26% of vaginally born babies do NOT sustain long lasting brain damage after all.   If you had to choose for your baby, either a brain bleed which has no long-term measurable impact or a permanent scar on their face from the surgeon's scalpel, which would you pick?  Or a brain bleed as delineated above OR 4 days in SCBU with wet collapsing...
My own mother had this with my brother, her 5th baby.  Her section went fine, though in her case they had to do it earlier because of a bleed they couldn't stop at 34 weeks.  He was smallish and had to go into an incubator for a few days until his breathing was stable, and it took a few weeks for him to learn to suck well, but afterwards he did great.  He is now 6'4" and his own boot is almost the same length he was at birth!     I was also a csection, due to the...
  Well tell her your DD will be calling her Grandma firstname, on the rare occasions she will get to spend any time with her.  Tell her that she doesn't get to dictate what she "earned" with you, YOU do.  Tell her you won't compromise and if she complains and calls you uncompromising or stubborn you tell her "oh well, maybe you DID raise me after all!".
Are you pregnant?  The only time my nipples became so painful that nursing hurt and stayed that way was when i was pregnant.  PPAF i had maybe 2-3 days of sensitivity, not weeks.   One thing helped me and that was deepening the latch, i would act as if the toddler was a newborn, tell her to open wide and shove a whole lot of boob in there myself, rather than letting her latch on herself (she'd gotten a little lazy with her big mouth and 2 years of practice!).  That...
We don't have an agreement.   XP sees DD 4 times a week, two school-pick-ups and dinner here with us, and then Saturday evening all-day-Sunday at his.     When we go away (he's never taken her away though he has the option, it's just not in his finances) i tell him as soon as i know when and where we'll be going, but not the address of the place or anything.  He has mine and OH's mobile numbers and we generally call daily or every other day-ly so DD can talk to...
  Just FYI, my first labour was 1 hour and 24 mins, my second was 61 minutes.  Because of where i live in relation to the hospital HB is the best option for me and planning a HB is actually NECESSARY.  I won't make it to hospital on time and it would be fairly foolhardy of me to think i will.   So HB is the necessary option for me.  Either i consent to have my baby forced to be born on a day it didn't pick itself (and add all of the risks associated with that the the...
I can't add anything much, but i have a very good friend with 2 autistic sons, one is my godson.  Both give her (their mum) good eye contact, lots of hugs and affection and seek out tactile interaction with her and those they know well.  Both are autistic.  Autism is more complex than a lot of people realise and the social elements can present in many different ways - her eldest can now talk well (he had almost no words at age 3) but is very literal in his understanding...