or Connect

Posts by GoBecGo

I've been huge with this one and the last one.  My first i was normal, but like for example i can remember at 7 weeks with DD2 i could easily feel my fundus well above the pubic brim and with this one when i wake in the morning my fundus is well above my navel.  After peeing and walking about for a few hours i'm measuring more like 16-17weeks (i'm 14 weeks today).  I had a very thorough scan last Friday and there's for sure only one of the little blighters in there :D  I...
And FWIW at 18 i think I'D have rather dozed near a pool with the potential of other teenagers in swimsuits to admire than gone to my aunt's house with her and her baby....
You offered to take people to the pool.   You warned the older relative that his shorts may not be accepted as appropriate.  He decided to come anyway.   She send 3 of her kids and the other relative with you AND got a ride home for herself and her baby.   She gave you $10 for your trouble (ok, you never bought snacks, but you GAVE them snacks, you just didn't buy them at the pool) and gas.   The shorts were indeed deemed inappropriate.   The older...
I'm in the UK so bear it in mind (might be a different cultural setting i guess).   My DDs are 6 and 2.  My 6yo is and has mostly been very chatty, my 2yo so far is by comparison rather shy.  I think kids don't read social cues well, and i think they KNOW they don't.  Which is why some kids will chat to anyone without any apparent boundaries/filters (my eldest frequently started conversations with the addicts and prostitutes working near our home when i was a single...
I still wouldn't have done anything different, because surely the $10 was for her KIDS, not the young adult nephew, who presumably has his own money?
Haha. NO!   My house is in its usual state (not hoarders cluttered, not how clean is your house dirty, but not well organised or spic and span either).  I am WAY behind with the laundry, which is a semi-permanent state for me.  I actually need to donate a lot of the kids clothes, there's a bunch of stuff i don't want to keep and doesn't fit well that keeps going back into their drawers due to pure apathy and the fact that i HATE having the bags lying around until i...
I'm so sorry for your loss, my first was very similar (9 weeks pg, blighted ovum measuring behind some).   Hugs and a fast and gentle recovery for you. xx
  D'you know, i actually read that in a Sheila Kitzinger book and i was like "noooooooooooooooo, twins at home, YES, empowered birth choices, ABSOLUTELY, but thin legs throughout a whole pregnancy!?"  But i guess some people just don't gain much fat on their thighs.  Personally i already HAVE fat on my thighs and so any water weight expands them too (because it's the fat cells that hang onto the water).   I'm now about 8.5lbs up at 14 weeks - i realised i'd been 2lbs up...
I was going to ask, are you sure it's your SON this isn't working for and not your husband?   I would doubt that your DD's issues are related to her early life too.  I've got two kids, with different fathers.  They had the same mama doing (or at least trying to do, with mixed success, first babies NEVER get the calm, experienced parenting that 6th babies are gonna get!) the same things.  DD1 cried for up to 6 hours every evening, had to go to formula at 7 months (my...
This is #3 for me (babies - #7 for pregnancies).   I just feel so disconnected! :(  Usually even when the LO is a few cells as soon as i'm sure they're in there i'm thinking of them and bonding in my own way with them...this time...nada.  It's like every now and then i catch myself in a mirror or see my uterus when i wake or someone asks me "how's it all going" and i remember, oh yeah, i'm pregnant.   I feel so sad about it, but it's almost like with 2 kids...