or Connect

Posts by GoBecGo

I would say, as regards to the "babies only drop off weight gain after 6 months" that it usually corresponds to the increased calorie burn of rolling, crawling and other motor skills, which your daughter attained much earlier than most - my DD2 actually slowed WAY down (i mean stopped gaining for months!) at around the time she learned how to bum shuffle with both hands full!  She was much older than your DD before that happened though, so no one was all that concerned....
Is she your only kid?  If not what were the others like?  If so what were you and her father like?   My babies are generally born on the 75th %ile for weight and height, (i'm on the 75th for weight and 99.8th for height myself).  BUt DD1 dropped onto the 50th for weight, but maintained the 75th for height and is now, age 6, up in the 99th with me.  DD2 was born on the 75th for both but dropped onto the 25th for height and the 9th-25th for weight (these are the WHO...
My MIL and FIL are Not. Like. Me.   She had her babies in hospital.  I have mine at home.   She formula fed from birth and still believes the ads she saw back in the 70's which told her that formula is much better, healthier and safer than breastmilk.  I breastfeed for YEARS.   They smacked.  I do NOT hit, ever.   Really that just scratches the surface.  I love my kids and they love theirs, but we're really different people.   They live very close to...
Clarasmama my #2 hated the doppler and u/s too.  My #1 didn't mind it one bit.  I think a lot of things are put down to mum being whimsical or "imagining things" but my dd2 would flip and flip and "walk" her feet round my uterus to spin away from the u/s (we had ONE u/s at 15 weeks and she spent the whole time squirming away from it).  With dd1 she literally slept through the 3 scans i had (one at 11 weeks to date, 2 at 40+ weeks to prove i had enough liquor so they...
I got a good one a few weeks ago.  I'm pregnant and still nursing my 2yo (albeit once a day and really, i have no milk, but she still sucks so whatever, it's working for us just now).   Another mum at the school gates: I take it you FINALLY weaned her then? Me: not yet. Other Mum: WHAT?!  But don't you HAVE to wean her now!? Me: Um, no i don't have to wean her unless she wants to wean... Other mum: no, but surely the doctor MAKES you wean now, i mean, how...
I know what you mean about the heart Kel, i would ask for the stats on your hospital.  When i was having DD2 the published leaflet said they only found 25% of heart anomalies on the anomaly scan.  To me that made it pointless because a negative could so easily be false anyway.  The new leaflet has no figures but stresses that false negatives and false positives can and do happen which didn't fill me with extra confidence.  If your hospital/technician has better rates it...
We're having the doppler until the fetoscope is an option, but i think that'll only be 3 appointments (My MW found DD2 with the fetoscope at 23weeks i think).  I've already heard with the doppler once, i've had 4 losses it gladdens my heart (not to mention OH's and DD1's who remembers my last loss all too well) to know it's doing ok.  I don't really mind the doppler.  It's not the baby though, i don't feel enchanted like i do with the fetoscope, i know too well that it's...
I've been having lots of stretching pains and a good bit of pain on the right which is either round ligament pain or a corpus luteum cyst (which i've had before).  Annoying but not agonising.   I'm on baby #3 so you'd think my uterus would be up to speed on the process by now but apparently it still likes to have a complain.   Everyone has "braxton hicks" all the time, pregnant or not.  We just generally don't feel them when our uterus is empty and tucked down in...
I was totally convinced that DD2 was a boy.  Utterly sure.  The moment i began to wonder even a tiny bit was when my MW sent me a text telling me she'd caught a boy (her 4th in a row) the morning of the day i started labour.  We were due 13 days apart but the babies came within 22 hours of one another!  Anyway at that point i thought "hmmm, 5 boys in a row?  Maybe this is a girl!" but i was still pretty sure it was a boy until she was out.  I remember taking her from the...
Yes, i know and malpractice of a wealthy doctor with an army of expensive lawyers is very hard to prove.