or Connect

Posts by GoBecGo

For DD2 (who was 2 in June) we got "there's a house inside my mummy" which is more about how the baby is growing in me, and doesn't really go into how it got there or how it's getting out.  She loves it and has definitely "gotten" that there's a baby in there.   For DD1 (who was 6 in April) we got "let's talk about where babies come from" which is recommended by the FPA (family planning association) and is a really good, detailed book which covers everything from...
We're not finding out.   AAAAARRRGGGHHH!  We declined the anomaly scan (what they call the 18-21 week scan here) as we don't want to look for anomalies, but i was literally googling for prices on private gender scans last night!  I'm not paying £79 for someone to tell me what i can know for free in a few months but man, it's driving me nuts!  LOL!   This is our last baby.  We have 2 girls.  I don't care what this one is, i mean i'm not desperate for a boy, and in...
7 months with #1 (thyroid problem, relationship break-up and visitation arrangements and totally unsupportive medical care all contributed) 26 months with #2 (my milk is gone completely this pregnancy, and no colostrum until later for me usually, so she's lost interest...)   So 33 months so far for me, but of course i don't know how long #3 will keep at it ;D
I had a baby like that!   6 years ago in April i had a baby girl, at home, with only entonox (gas and air) as medication.  We were not apart for a single second.   When she was 4 months old my supply began to drop and i developed a huge goiter.  It was a long road but the short version is i lost my milk and by 6 months she was down to one feed a day, by 7 months we dropped even that feed.  She was fully formula fed.   She had NEVER been affectionate.  She was...
I love birth (and my body so far seems to be good at it, with precipitate labours and easy births).  My first pregnancy was fine, the next was harder work.  The third (actually 7th, i've lost 4) is HARD. I am done right now and this baby isn't even here.  I was fully excited to try again in April and within days of the 2 lines appearing and i had 2 kids to look after and i felt like crappity crap i was OVER it!  LOL.   I look forward to talking to other expectant...
Three times a week we go to friends' houses (my kids are not SN, i think you need to cut yourself some slack -parenting neuro typical kids over the summer when school is out and a lot of groups are off is HARD and you have more on your plate!) by public transport.  Other days i walk them to a park or to the nearby "wild" space for exploration and berry picking etc.  At the weekend when DP is around we go swimming or visiting his parents.   I know this isn't a...
My 2yo also sticks her hand, then wrist in her water at the table, puts her food into it etc.  If i can deal with it i just let her, if i can't then i remove it.  In between meals she still uses a sippy to contain the mess.  It's only anecdotal but my 6yo messed about with cups and was poor at drinking from one until she was about 4!  EVENTUALLY she learned to drink without the mess/messing about.  Now she's 6 and no one can tell she still had a sippy at times until she...
Well for whatever reason (seriously, i am frightening) no one has ever taken this sort of thing from me as an invitation to "get into" anything.  I think my tone of voice must convey "don't EVEN" while my smile lubricates the way...lol.   I kind of think my kids SHOULD listen to total strangers, but not in the situation you faced.  When my eldest was 3.5 we were riding the bus and she was kicking the seat in front.  I told her to stop. SHe stopped then began again....
  This.  My DD's are the opposite just now and i'm enjoying a lovely break :D   I tell them "i love playing with you, but i'm busy right now sweetie, so maybe you could play with Daddy" and if they say "NO!" i say "oh well, no playing just now then..." and go on with what i was doing.  They don't always take the news cheerfully, but they get over it.
Well if that happened to me (it never does, i think i am frightening!) i would smile and say to the other mom "thank you, but i've got it". So SHE knew i didn't want her input.  Then i probably wouldn't feel the need to vent later.   We do talk negatively in front of the kids (because i think it's good to know that mama and dada (XP) and daddy (DP) have emotions they have to process, sometimes verbally.  DP is a big bottler-upper and i think it's due to his parents...