or Connect

Posts by GoBecGo

Very gently...how many days have you spent solidly in the house not going anywhere with your DD?  How many days in a row?   Because i'm a SAHM of 2 (3 in January :)) and i would go TOTALLY NUTS if i was unable to leave the house and unable to have even 5 minutes "off" on here while the kids watched a show.  My eldest is 6 and my youngest is 2, so there was a major problem when #2 was born and #1 (who was mostly screen free to age 2.5 but who was 4 when dd2 arrived)...
I had sore boobs (my normal PMT symptom, followed by moodiness) sporadically and at random on the minipill.  Sometimes they came and went 3 times before i eventually got a period.  I complained repeatedly about it all to my GPO and eventually after i weaned DD1 i got a Mirena coil (which back then wasn't recommended for nursing women, though i don't know why because it's the same hormones as the minipill but at 10% the circulating dose!) which was fine for about 18months...
Congratulations.   Your story is a testimony to the strength of the human female.  If they'd treated ANY other mammal as shittily as they treated you it would have been a dead baby, a dead mother and probably a few dead or horribly injured "care"providers.   It's appalling that women are asked to give birth under such frightening and threatening conditions.  Appalling.   Bask in your joy Mama, you really earned it.  Achieving a vaginal birth is hard enough in...
We're a split family.  XP has no landline and his cell is unreliable (it's pay as you go and often has no money on it, plus it's always a crappy old busted phone so the signal drops in and out, sometimes he can't hear you, you can't hear him etc.).   ATM we plan carefully and DD is only 6 and i'm able to be a SAHM so we've never had any sort of need for a phone for her.  Having said that as she gets older we do plan to have a "family cell" which will be a cheap phone...
Is a comforter a feather duvet?  I'm in the UK...   Anyway, i imagine it's because the thumping up and down in a front loader stops the feathers/filling clumping as much as a toploader would allow - that won't ruin it, you just need to give it a good shake every half hour or so while it's drying, or, if it can go in the dryer and you plan to use one then put a dryer ball or 2 in with it to bash it a bit.   Anyway fret not, i've had to wash multiple duvets to...
My DD is 6, going into primary 2 in August (we're in Scotland in the UK).   She just sat by me and read a Dr Seuss book aloud to DD2 (2yo) - One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, which i think is a blue back..?  Anyway she is very familiar with it already and read it slowly but clearly without much stumbling.   At school we do Oxford Reading Tree and she's just finished level 5, though TBH she sailed through them all with complete ease, i think she could do level...
It depends on the antibiotic but i'm pretty sure the minipill is UNAFFECTED by almost all antibiotics.  It was the COMBINED pill that i fell pregnant on.   Honestly that 54 day cycle i had on the minipill was the l-o-n-g-e-s-t time of my life!  I had a 6 month old baby by an ex (we spilt when she was 8weeks), i was in a new relationship with someone who i liked a lot but DID NOT want to have a baby with at that time (i've since had one baby with him and i'm gestating...
I do.   I didn't want to , but a neighbour bought one for DD1 (for her 6th birthday) and it was out of the wrapping and being adored before i saw it.   The first thing i heard DD1 say to it was "your legs are so thin, let's go and make some dinner!".  And i realised that she has a lot of my filters already, and i decided to wait a bit and see how it went.  DD played "feeding her up", "making warmer clothes" and then lost interest.  After a few months in the...
  I'm sorry but i had a massive LOL at this.  You're poor mother, that is really barrel scraping!
It's probably brandy.  Or at least the flower essences are brandy.  Which TBH i think is partly why they work!  LOL.   If you're uncomfortable with it don't give it, whether it's herbs, homeopathy or allopathic stuff!  Also if you feel your Dr was talking BS then change dr's, there are some great herbalists out there, you absolutely need someone you trust (and REALLY trust, not make yourself trust!) if they're prescribing medication of any sort for your little tots. :D