or Connect

Posts by GoBecGo

I actually know someone that happened to and it was much worse, the baby was "already over 9lbs" and mama had had a pelvic break in her teens from a horseriding accident so they wanted to do a cs before the baby was big and/or engaging.  They cs'd her son out at 37 weeks.  Turned out he was more like 34 weeks, was less than 5lbs and spent a MONTH in NICU.  After all that i said i would sue and she was like "but they saved us BOTH!"
My kids will be schooled at school, i am very keen on the idea of homeschooling, but i have a HN/very bright DD6, a very bright DD2 and another baby on the way and unfortunately i just have to admit to myself that i lack the personal resources to teach them all at the level they need simultaneously.  I have friends who do it beautifully, but then i have friends who have wonderfully clean houses and mine looks like there's been a street fight in a toy shop/thrift store...
I think the early months when i went away (i'm in the UK so i started at 17 not 18) i called about 2 or 3 times a week, but it settled into once a week after a few months.  Generally on a Sunday afternoon.  That continued until she died when i was 24 (so long after i'd graduated).   My dad and i talk less often - we email and text a few times a week but tend to chat on the phone more like once a fortnight or so, though for 3 hours at a time!
Has a tiny lol Ms Rabbit - think after i had DD2 one of my LEGS weighed 113! ;P   I will weigh tomorrow.  Oddly i look thinner if anything (the size 16 (UK) maternity jeans i got from Gap are falling off me) but i'm expecting a gain because i discovered this week that if the confection i have contains dried fruit or nuts it does NOT make me sick and sadly i have rather over indulged in raisin cake and whole nut chocolate....
Is anyone else having issues with their BP?   With DD1 when i booked i was 141/85.  Now i have whitecoat hypertension which is made much worse by the use of the machine (rather than the sphig - something about the person actually touching me and not making beeping noises really helps!) and was about 210lbs.  I felt like i was fretting about it from the 12th week onwards and at the end when i was sent to be monitored at the hospital because it was "so high" (diastolic...
This is how we live sometimes...   We tend to have an incident, a crackdown, a respite, an incident....and so on.   My eldest was terrible for drawing on walls until she was 4 (she's 6 now) which was when we removed ALL of her art supplies and only allowed her to use them with constant supervision at the kitchen table.  It worked.  The 2yo isn't much into that sort of thing, on the few occasions she's done it i have told her it's NOT allowed and made her help with clear...
  Here's mine:   6ish (OH comes in between 6 and 7pm, he sends me a text when he leaves work and gets home 20mins later, almost without exception we eat together as a family): i call DD1 (6yo) to the kitchen to set the table - our plates are heavy so i help her as i finish dinner. Then i send her back to the livingroom for tv or music (depending on how much tv they've had already) until OH walks in. I call them to the table, telling DD1 to turn the tv off as she comes,...
I'm your height.  I was 168 before i got pregnant.  Once in my teens i was 144 and my periods stopped.  So to me 168 (at which i was a UK size 14) is very healthy.
Yeah as a victim of sexual abuse as a child i TOTALLY disagree with you.  Not every child abuser is a "true" paedophile, and toddlers grow up into teenagers.  She didn't accuse him of anything, she just trusted her gut when it told her something is wrong with this picture.  That is the right thing to do.  I wish to god my parents had done that, rather than telling me, 20 years later "oh we WONDERED about him!". Cold, cold comfort.
DD2 is 25.5months.     She was SUCH a boobybaby.  I can remember at a year old someone asked me if she still nursed much and i remember thinking she pees 8 times a day and takes NO fluids except from me and whatever is in her food...even at 18months she was still nursing 4-10 times a day given the chance.   I'm 15 weeks pregnant (and hormonal which isn't helping).  My milk disappeared about 3-4 weeks ago.  Initially, when my supply first began to drop, she wanted...