or Connect

Posts by GoBecGo

The thing to remember, really hold onto, is that the OB's unwillingness to support VBAC is NOT to do with your body or your baby at this stage.  It is to do with her own preferences and fears.  There is nothing about 28-week fundal height in a second pregnancy (or even a first pregnancy but ESPECIALLY not a subsequent one!) that can predict suitability or not to VBAC.  I would imagine the only clients she finds suitable are ones who have already had a previous VBAC with...
I would change providers because if you get a shoulder dystocia the only option involving cs is a zavanelli and that is NOT something you want your baby to go through, the US is pretty much the only place they still do it because the mortality and injury rates for mama and babe are so immense.  The fact that she even puts cs on the table as a potential outcome for shoulder dystocia is scary to me.  Normal careproviders suspect a coming dystocia when descent is very slow...
I don't think it makes any difference.  I can always tell when we hit the nail on the head because i *don't* have to wipe any excess semen off - my cervix was open and it has mostly gone inside it.  I still feel damper than usual but there's no dash to the bathroom with it running down my thighs!   Of my 3 kids two were conceived with him on top and one with me on top and with none of them did i elevate my hips after.  
I had silly prodromal labour with both of mine though it was worse with DD2.  I literally got to 8cm with 2-4 contractions an hour!  It was ridiculous, though she stayed high (turned out she had a true knot in her cord which presented no issues, it just made her descend late and fast) so i could still potter about with relative ease.   In the end i felt like i was grunting suspiciously at the peaks so i had OH call the midwife and as soon as she said she was coming i...
My DD had a vaginal infection when she was 4 (or 5, i forget).  It turned out to be totally benign overgrowth of normal bacteria and an antibiotic sorted it out.  They did a very gentle non-invasive swab to diagnose it and medicated after the lab confirmed what it was (Haemophilus influenzae).  Is that an option?
I'm in the UK and Mothercare make padded nursing bras.  I never get them (i'm a J cup when nursing an infant, and an F at smallest when nursing a toddler so i need more support than they give and can't "do" the padded cup, i need a fabric cup to "pour" my breast into to give it shape, i just fall out the sides of padding and look like a pert boob cake with the filling coming out on all sides....) but my smaller-chested friends do and they look great on them - just google...
YAY!  What a great update mama, well done! :D   It could have been the other pump in the sense that it might have missed a bit (due to unfamiliarity with it, or it being a slightly different shape or whatever, i have an avent isis (manual), a medela swing (electric) and a tommee tippee (electric).  I get fab results with the swing but cannot get a letdown with the isis (though it empties well if i nurse from the other side as i pump) and literally cannot get a single...
I'm fairly sure i read somewhere (kellymom maybe..?) that when you tandem feed your breasts make milk best suited to your youngest child.  SO if anything it would be the toddler that "suffered" (though i don't believe either of them are/did!) through tandem nursing, not the baby.   I would see the dentist and see what they say.  If they say it's the night feeding then get a new dentist.  I recently told my dentist who was complimenting my 2yo on her perfect teeth...
My first was born at home at 41+4.   I have no advice really except that the baby WILL come out in the next few days (know anyone who is 45 weeks pregnant?) and as regards the size...how did your last 2 deliveries go?  Because to me neither baby was huge and you had the second, the larger, at home, so i assume it fitted through just fine?  I think you should take care of your diet because it is taking care of YOURSELF, but not because the baby will be "too big" - at...
I think i'd want to talk about it to ds WITH the other mom.  She doesn't get to not be the "bad guy" here.  If she's serious about it then she needs to step up a little.  She asked you to deal with it, you really tried, and her inability/unwillingness to back you up has now made you a liar in your son's eyes - i'd be MAJOR pissed about that if i were you.  It's NOT acceptable for her to tell you that she doesn't want him around then throw the door open to him if he shows...