or Connect

Posts by Avima

Just curious. Can anyone here claim Silver City, NM or the surrounding areas as home? TIA, if necessary.
I don't really post much, but here goes. Up until a couple weeks ago, I told people we were homeschooling. Last Friday I enrolled my daughter in school. What a roller coaster of emotions it has been for me. I'm trying to let go of my 'what if's?' and staying optimistic. For one, I have a difficult time acclimating to different social situations. As a homeschooling parent, you have to put in a lot of effort to find those kinds of support systems. My ideal, if I were to...
I was hospitalized a few days last week because of a pretty bad asthma attack. As far as I or the docs know, it was basically a cold gone awry. Long story short, baby is fine, I'm recovering, gaining energy, taking meds and all other precautions as well. My problem is that my mom is freaking out that I'm still planning a homebirth and calls me everyday and keeps asking me things like, will a doctor be there? or saying things like "wherever your baby ends up she's going to...
Just make sure you are eating a lot of extra protein. Have quick high protein snacks on hand, like yogurt, string cheese, nuts, meat (if you're not a veg). Sprinkle wheat germ in or on whatever you can (I drink it in smoothies). Also, make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water, especially if you live in the midwest (like me) and have had 90+ degree temps for weeks on end. Oatmeal is really good for keeping up milk supply too if you are worried about it decreasing....
((hugs)) Mimi. Also remember, that our babies are running out of room in there, so movements are a bit less frequent now. I can't believe we're all almost to the finish line!
I was gonna say too, that lavender is probably the safest to put in the tub. It's the most gentle and is safe for babies.. the other stuff, I'd just get a diffuser or something for. Not sure about putting TTO in, but I think with any EO, if you just swish it around, enough will disperse in the water. I don't know about you all, but I don't plan on being too still laboring in the water
Here are a couple links: http://www.childbirthsolutions.com/a...irth/index.php http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/childbirth/ne.htm Jasmine oil is excellent too!
I'm having very similar sensations. I think my babe is pushing down on my bladder/cervix (both I think) too and stretching out trying to make room for his/herself.
Has anyone purchased one yet? if so, what kind? why do you like it? I'm leaning toward getting a wise woman sling with my birthday money - a hybrid between a pouch and a ring sling. I also had a friend give me her kozy karrier when she moved away. Just curious...
Argh. I totally need to get a deep freeze so I can start cooking.