or Connect

Posts by Nelybel

Hi Everyone, Just checking in. And perhaps wishing for a little input. I started taking Adderall last Thursday. I noticed a small difference....a bit of a scalp-crawling feeling - and a bit more accomplished each morning...but that was it. The scalp sensation is gone now...and I don't really notice....anything. For those of you that have tried meds - is that normal with a small dose? (10 mg 1 X a day) I'm supposed to go up to 20mgs this thursday(this is the short...
Hi there, Sorry I disappeared for a few days. Got overwhelmed, blah, blah, blah and etc. I wanted to answer a few questions that people asked though. I'll manage to quote the first person...but the rest I'll just try to remember. Quote: Originally Posted by heidirk What 'diet' were you on? I had that happen too, when I was on Atkins. (no it's not all bacon.) I was following the "Eat to Live" plan when my brain cleared up and I...
Ohhhh - you guys are so nice. I could just cry. What a relief to be able to talk about my "failures" and not feel so guilty or embarrassed! Smeis...what kind of music? What age do you teach? I actually love teaching...except for the organizational part. I used to joke that I would take a job that paid half as much as another...if the poor paying job had a secretary!! I used to have to plan tours and fund-raisers and such. Oh the stress!!! Ugh. I taught High...
Hi all, Thanks for the suggestions and the tutorials on smilies and quoting etc. However, all I see is a 'box' below where I'm writing the message with some smilies in it. When I click on one it just goes up by the title....like this...(and the question mark just appeared up above by the title line.) Sigh. And I'll try to figure out the quoting thing later. My brain didn't quite grasp it this time. :-> OK - a little intro. I'm a 44 yr old mom of 2. To the...
Hi all, Thanks for the welcome. I've really enjoyed the spirit of these threads (which I finally finished by the way - whoo-hoo hyperfocus. My kids were wondering where I disappeared to). In response to some of the self-medicating I read about I experimented with eating dark chocolate covered espresso beans this morning. (I know - I know. But I'm a compulsive overeater attempting recovery and enjoyed the excuse to try something a little off the approved menu!!). ...
Hi all, I've been reading and reading and just realized that if I wait until I finish I'll never post. And I'm dying to jump in here (and I'm usually kind of shy). My head is so full of thoughts and reactions and 'me too's' I feel like its going to explode. Sadly - I have to run as I have to get the kids to playdate and me to the doctors for a physical and an EKG as I'm getting ready to explore the whole meds thing. (I'm dreading it and hopeful all at the same...
[QUOTE=kangamitroo;11273108] my first question is about foot washing, which i only know of minimally as a congregational event in some christian denominations. (i read about it in a book about Amish life.) if your denomination practices this, i'm interested to know: at what point in the church year calendar? do all ages participate? i think it is to commemorate a follower of Jesus who washed his feet, and to show humility in general--please correct me. The church I...
Quote: Originally Posted by magstphil This is interesting to me because in the scriptures fish is referred to seperatly from meat. It's always made me . Maybe our present interpretation of fish as meat is what's wrong Hmmm. I've always wondered about this. As a lifetime vegetarian (now mostly vegan) it always confused me when people offered us fish instead of "meat". I always considered meat the flesh of an animal. (Anything with a...
Interesting. I've always heard it AD-ventist from actual Adventists and Ad-VEN-tist from non. I'm sure different areas have different proununciations. I always figured we pronounced it AD-ventist because it was like the word AD-vent. And we're talking about the second AD-vent here. I know that feeling though...where you think you know a word and then suddenly question how you use it or say it for some reason. Awkword. J
Quote: Originally Posted by kaydee I have a question--Are all SDAs vegetarian, all the time? Is veganism encouraged over vegetarianism? Thanks! No - not all SDA's are vegetarian...but it is pretty strongly encouraged in America at least. Seems to be partly regional...depends on where you live. I've been told that many European Adventists eat more meat that those in the States. Don't know for sure. However, most all Adventists refrain from...