or Connect

Posts by mahogny

DS, 5 yo, is fully vaxed, except chicken pox. Absolutely no health issues. (Other than flat feet, which I doubt is related to vaxes. ) DD, 2 yo, is getting delayed vax, so as of yet isn't fully vaxed. She's extremely healthy, too. (And has beautiful, arched feet! ) No allergies, no asthma, very rarely get so much as a cold. DS missed only one day of school last year, when he had the pukies.
This is actually a good question, and one that I wondered too before my son was retractable. Here's how it worked for us. When DS was about 4, he noticed that he penis was "buzzing" when he was peeing. It wasn't causing him pain; he thought it was rather cool actually. I was curious, so he showed me. I very gently tried to see if he could retract, and I noticed that he was just starting to retract, which is where the buzzing was coming from. Also about this time,...
Not classist. And to tell you the truth, I'm a smidge offended that you assumed that people who got their degrees right after high school had college paid for by their parents. I attended college right after HS, got a BS and an MS, and not one red cent was paid by my parents. I worked 40 hrs/week and I had student loans, which are still being paid. Classist? No way. ANYONE can get a degree if they're willing to work for it. Yes, it's a heck of a lot easier when...
DD is using fewer diapers these days as she's using the potty more and more, but she wore AIOs exclusively. She still wears them overnight.
Not saying this applies to your DD, but it may be worth your while to look up trichotillomania, which in a nutshell is obsessive hair pulling. I suffered from trich in my youth, and have now progressed to just twirling my hair. Again, not saying your DD has it, but it might be good to rule it out.
Both my kids knew left and right soon after their 2nd birthdays, but like the others, it's just part of the routine, so they were exposed to it. When DS was 2 1/2, we were at MIL's, and she was doing something with his hands (clipping nails maybe? I don't know) and he named each hand as he gave it to her. She was so impressed, but I knew that it was just because we talk about his right shoe and his left shoe, or his right hand and left hand when washing them, etc. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by haleyelianasmom The problem is with #2. She used to not tell us, so she'd either wait until the few minutes she was in diapers or jus go on the floor. Now she knows when she has to go, but she can't figure out when. It has been frustrating. Here's how it goes: 1) She tells me "poo poo potty" 2) I take her to the potty 3) she sits for literally about 2 seconds and gets quite angry, demands thats she's "ALL DONE" and get...
Quote: Originally Posted by fridgeart but how will I know she's ready for going out without a dipe? For my now 5 yo son, when he was pl'ing, he'd wear underwear at home, and then a diaper while out. One day, we were getting ready to go to Kindermusik, so I was going to put a diaper on him. He absolutely refused. "I want to wear underwear!!!" I was SOOO nervous! I brought 2 extra pair of underwear and 2 extra pair of pants to music...
1 in OK
No stretch marks with my first, and very mild, late stretch marks with my second. No tearing either time.