or Connect

Posts by mahogny

Quote: Originally Posted by Sagesgirl (PSA: All of you folks who are driving around with only a rear licence plate, you're probably breaking the law too. Nope, not "all". In my state, only the rear one is mandatory. I am most certainly not breaking the law!
Quote: Originally Posted by Lisa Lubner This is interesting too: http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/brownrecluse.asp My DH was bitten by a fiddleback about 2 months ago, and it NEVER got as bad as those pictures suggest. It got no worse than the second picture, and then it healed up. I think I was bitten by a black widow when I was in college. I don't KNOW that it was a black widow - I never saw the spider. The ER just guessed at it by...
Grad announcements are not necessarily trolling gor gfts. When I graduated college, I was so flippin' excited and proud I sent announcements to everyone!! Not panhandling, just very excited! I wanted the world to know! I sent birth announements to everyone, too. Just so so excited to have a new baby, and very proud of my family!! In fact, I felt guilty when people sent baby gifts, b/c I wasn't asking or expecting them, and I didn't want people to think that's...
The mentions of imposing a deadline remind me of something from early in our marriage. When we got married, my husband had a long folding table, similar to the ones churches have. He refused to get rid of it, and I hated it. We never used it, of course, but it just sat there in our spare bedroom folded up and being a big eyesore. After a few years(!) I finally got him to see that we do NOT use this table so it's time to get rid of it. Knowing my husband's penchant for...
I was a participant in a shower once - not one of the "throwers", but one who volunteered to help out if needed. For the decorations, a lot of us brought out newborn/baby clothes (which we already had) and the hostess, who had strung clothesline around her living room, clothespinned all the baby clothes up. It was really cute! (And no-cost!) I also brought a fruitplate. About asking guests to bring food, meh....I don't know if I personally would want to go to a...
No answers, but my 5 yo DS also has very soft poops - always has. When he was in diapers, he never had a roly poly poop. And even now, his poops are just really soft. I have always been the same way, too, My 2 yo DD though - wow, totally different poops! Her poops are formed and roly poly. Just like her dad's. She poops more often, too. She's always pooped several times a day, while DS is a once a day. They eat the exact same stuff, with the only exception...
Thank you all for you replies! I had PMS-y type symptoms Friday and Saturday, (cramping, bloating, etc.) which also continued into Sunday. But by Sunday evening, they had disappeared. By this morning, (Monday) I felt back at 100%. So, the symptoms, according to the myriad websites I've read about it this weekend, correlate to an ovarian cyst that burst. So, I'm very confident that's what it was. Totally freaky though, for sure! I certainly don't hope this is...
I flew Southwest when DS was 9 mos old, and as soon as the flight attendant noticed I was nursing, she bought 2 cans of water to me. (Only on an airplane does water come in cans! ) Anywho, I was very impressed!
Well, I'll also join the "I've had crappy Mother's Day" clubs. The first one was a bust. I had imagined that I wouldn't have to change any diapers, I'd get to sleep in, get breakfast in bed, etc etc. Nope. DH slept in, I had to get up and change diapers all day while he slept ALL day. He did leave some gifts out, and when I woke him up (at 2 pm!) he started yelling and screaming that I should have been happy to get the gifts. He's tired, he needs to sleep. He just...
I did a search, but none of the previous threads on the subject answered my question. Yesterday evening, I was minding my own business cooking dinner, when all of a sudden I had an incredible knife-like pain on my lower right side. Like catch-your-breath painful. I couldn't escape it! It then radiated around the side, and my lower right back was painful too, but more achy, as opposed to the knife in front. I sat down for about 30 minutes and the pain subsided...