or Connect

Posts by mahogny

I agree with the people who said that it all depends on the instructor. A good instructor will let you observe a class before signing up, so see if you can observe the classes of several instructors. We've done KM since DS was 10 months old, and we LOVE it. (He's 2 1/2 now.) In the beginning, it was for me, as a way to get out of the house and among grownups, but as DS got older, he's gotten more out of the classes and obviously enjoys them. Some other points to...
Right now, a SAHM. But pre-baby, I was a counselor/therapist. (Choose whichever term you want. I've referred to myself as both, and been called both.) I worked with children, families, and individuals. While I was in grad school and then when I first started working, I thought I wanted to work with kids exclusively. But then I got some adult clients, and I LOVED working with them more that I liked working with the kids. (Probably because I could use multi-syllabic...
I'm going to concur with the rest of the bunch here and really stress counseling for you, with or without your DH. My husband has bipolar disorder, which is characterized by periods of depression followed by periods of mania. (Bipolar used to be called manic depression.) I KNOW how hard it is to live with someone who is afflicted with any depressive disorder. Get thyself to counseling. You said your husband is on meds. Were they prescribed by a general...
Quote: Originally posted by maizy Have you seen packaged peanut butter, it comes in slices now like processed cheese slices. Its pretty gross. And such a waste. PB Slices! These were developed by my Alma Mater! It made BIG news around here when they were first developed, and also when they were first introduced into the test markets. Even though I would NEVER EVER buy them, nor eat one, and I think they are disgusting, (and I can't help...
I don't know the answer to your problem specifically, but here is a site to check out that may be able to help you. Go to carseatdata dot org. Go to the database - it has all kinds of carseats and how they fit with all kinds of cars. There's also lots of other carseat information on that site. HTH! By the way, I still have my 30lb 2 1/2 year old DS rearfacing in a Britax Marathon! I cannot say enough good things about Britax! Very expensive, but WELL worth...
At 12 months, my exclusively breastfed son also had very low iron levels; his was 8.3, which is actually considered in the "severely anemic" range, so it doesn't sound like you're that far gone yet! I agree that upping your iron intake won't change the iron in your breastmilk; believe, me, I researched the heck out of it at the time! Any extra iron you consume that's above what your body requires will only go out in your poop, not into your boobs. My ped also told...
Quote: Originally posted by Linda in OZ On a lighter note you could have maybe given each of the the other's email add and let them fight it out between them and left you out of it completely Linda ROFL!!! Where were you when I needed ya 3 years ago? Sarah
Frank, I'm not denying that. I'm sorry if I came across to you as believing that these people don't care about me, DH, or our son. I've never doubted that they had our son's best interests at heart. The moral of my story (and perhaps it was not clear enough) is that the way MIL and my brother both chose to approach the subject was very much UN-appreciated, and led to hurt feelings. Even though I totally agreed with what my brother was saying, and totally disagreed...
Hi, Carolyn! Well, all I can tell you is what I would have appreciated at the time. I would have liked someone to just ASK me if I wanted information on circumcision! What was so difficult about the situation is that everyone just assumed that I'd want their opinions. Neither MIL nor my brother asked us if we wanted their input. So if it were me, I'd ask your friend if she wants some anti-circ information and resources. If she says "yes", then by all means give...
Hi! This is my first post, so I'm a newbie. But I wanted to chime in on my experience with this area... Even before I was pregnant, I've known I would never circ, should I have a boy. For me, it was just a no-brainer, much like bf-ing, etc. However, when I did get pg and we found out that we were going to have a boy, MIL said to DH and me, "You're going to have him circumcised, right?" DH and I replied "no", and MIL responded, "Do it. He'll thank you later." ...