or Connect

Posts by rainbowmoon

i am so bummed i totally missed you! i have not been on the boards much and missed your post until now! i am going to PM you my email addy for the next time you are in town. we are moving May 1st  and i am not sure we will stay  in bellows falls but definitely still in the area and i still would love to meet you. (just signed up for your mom's belly dance class too!)
I just had to come back and find this thread because I met your mom at the birth center where I had my baby this week. we got to chatting (you hae the coolest mom EVER btw!) and she mentioned her daughter in alaska who knits and goes on MDC and I totally (and weirdly enough) remembered this thread from last year and  I just instantly *knew* it was you! small world mama! :)  lol! would love to meet up when you are in town again!
it's definitely not all or nothing if you transfer. especially if you are far along in labor. there may not even be time for surgery. I didn't transfer for pain relief and neither of my two complications required a surgical birth (though I did have a d&c due to a placenta accreta post birth I still got my natural VBAC) everyone on call in both hospitals were extremely respectful so I guess I got lucky. I think it's crazy not to make a "just in case" plan at the very...
why in the world would you feel like you are walking into a c/s by transferring? there are a million things that could warrant a transfer and NOT end up in surgery. I would definitely make a transfer plan. I did not when I planned my UBAC and thankfully my birth went exceptionally well when I transferred during transition but I wished I had! I went in barefoot with just a robe and then was helicoptered to another city. Wished i had brought my cell phone and socks at the...
If you end up needing an OB I highly recommend Jennifer Rienhart. She is a real sweetie. Amy Zenzio and Lisa Block- Weisner are the go to homebirth MW's IMHO and hearing about experiences of friends! Personally I had a HORRIBLE experience with the birth center resulting in being left alone in a birth tub for 14 hours then a transfer and c/s. (really I got horrible care there) they also violated HIPPA and some other crappy things while under their care and I found them...
Quote: Originally Posted by lovebeingamomma If you're objecting to generalizations then stop generalizing the "natural childbirth community" negatively. This has turned into such a "Us and them" discussion, there seems to be a whole lot of bitterness with nothing constructive happening. What exactly are you suggesting the solution is, never have threads like this? Or is it just because it was started by someone who didn't have a c-section? Do you have...
well I find the word "humanized" in itself a bit degrading. My baby and I are BOTH Humans. My doctors were respectful. I was not forced into anything. The experience was a good one. No need for the pity party or to feel you must help me, yk? I am educated enough to make my own decisions. it just rubs me the wrong way that there are moms out there thinking they must save me! I get that you want to help but the tone feels yucky. I think it would go alot further and be...
I am not just talking about this thread. I am talking about the natural childbirth community as a whole and the the whole "you are broken if you have a c/s" mentality. I have seen it damage more than one mother and MORE often than a c/s itself! There are many of us who beg to differ that our c/s's WERE respectful. There's no need to heap pity on the c/s moms is our point. NOW in the cases of severe trauma like your own that is different. But definitely NOT The norm as...
I wasn't tied down. When I asked to NOT be tied down I was looked at like I was nuts too so it's not common everywhere.
well the title of the thread for one. why do women NEED help if their c/s was warranted? why is it mostly women who haven't had c/s pitying those that have? granted all surgeries bring with it a chance of depression. that is normal. there's no reason to victimize women though. that's what threads like this do. at least here within this community most the time. Quote: Originally Posted by mmaramba Respectfully, who in the world said they didn't?...