or Connect

Posts by rainbowmoon

http://www.earthstory.org/ This will be our first year! :
I am compiling some ideas for ages 3+ for a gathering mid summer! I thought this might make a good topic for this board! TIA!
I have decided I want to learn to face paint. (to work with my friend at fairs, farmers markets and festivals). Can anyone suggest a good kit as well as the easiest way to learn? Good books or videos I should pursue? My friend will show me some and then I will be practicing a lot once I get my kit of course! (it is pretty expensive though so I likely won't even be getting it for another couple of weeks) I plant to create a boothe set up though once I get going complete...
I'd recommend lavender EO diluted in a little carrier oil. Otherwise do you have any plantain growing around you. You can make a poultice with it by grinding it up and mixing it with a little water to make a paste. Spread this over the bite and allow to dry as needed. Plantain is WONDERFUL for bug bites! Also if you have a used tea bag (chamomile would be a good choice) you can use that as a mini compress.It will help.
I think my DS will dig lapbooking. Do you have any links for a beginner?
I would make small batches of spagetti/pizza sauce and freeze it! 8-12 tomatoes are all you need to make a medium batch. If they are going to go bad just cut them up and freeze them until you have enough. You could also make salsa in small batches to freeze for later. Sundried tomatoes (you can make them in your oven). Share them w/ friends!
I think you have plenty to start with! playdough,watercolors and washable markers are the most used craft items in our house (I have a 5 and 3.5yo and they do art projects daily). We have lots of pom poms,glitter, feathers, buttons, pipe cleaners, shells, buttons, sequins, sand,etc. too but they don't get much out of that currently creatively anyway, it's more a sensory process. Lately my 5yo is obsessed with making stuff out of recycling and painting rocks and pieces...
bendy straws something comfy to wear after birth clif bars, honey sticks, fizzy water nice hand lotion good chocolate (for after!) I would really have to caution against the lavender oil. I love essential oils and lavender is my absolute FAVORITE. But be warned many women get nauseated by essential oils in labor (this happened to me and I never believed it would beforehand as I have worked with oils for years and years) it definitely made me throw up in labor...
Hey CNA mamas! Please tell me about being a CNA. I have always wanted to go to nursing school and also get into more holistic nursing care. But I am still hemming and hawing over it. (this has been going on since I was 20 I am now approaching 35). Would a CNA course help me decide if I want to become a nurse? I really only want to work part time until my kids are older (then go to nursing school in a few years possibly). I am thinking of taking the Red Cross...