or Connect

Posts by Melaine

Yes the VCUG should tell us whether or not Kidney reflux is the issue. It sounded like their rec was going to be to circ either way.
My poor three month old has his second UTI. We have had so much going on, extended jaundice, finally FINALLY diagnoses with MSPI, trouble with his latch. I have been so overwhelmed and stressed.   Now my ped and the only pediatric urologist in our area says that with the second UTI they will want to circ him. I'm just devastated. After the first UTI, I declined the VCUG because I was worried him being exposed to the X-rays and now I am feeling horribly guilty about...
Quote: Originally Posted by tngirl11 I just made my first ever Walorf-style doll, and it was not nearly as hard as I was afraid it might be. I was surprised at how the majority of the sewing was by hand instead of by machine. It's a little tricky to get all of the seams at the neck and shoulders nice and smooth, but I think it would come more easily with practice. I did not use a kit but bought supplies from www.weirdollsandcrafts.com. I was also...
They say morning sickness and other symptoms can be double with twins, but I really didn't have any with my girls. I felt nauseous quite a bit but never threw up. And I've heard so many people have different pregnancies, I wouldn't worry about the idea of multiples just based on that. I hope you feel better though!
I would love experience and tips on this. I am fairly crafty, in a limited but patiently stubborn way. I can crochet well and will hand sew my fingers to the bone if need be. I have a machine but am not terribly familiar with it and really would like to take a class. I love doing crafts, although I find following patterns very difficult. I would really really love to learn to make Waldorf dolls. I just adore the ones like Bamboletta and DFH, but to put it plainly, we...
Quote: Originally Posted by mlh We have the Little Colorado play stands as well and we use it with the canopy. I just have it as their main/only play area downstairs and put all their toys in/under it. I think if you are having space issues you could use the playstands separately and just forgo the canopy...but that really is the best part I know, I hate to lose the top! If we had room for the whole thing in our living room, that would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Melaniee I wonder if there's a way to modify them so you can remove them more easily? We don't have them, and it would be a definite downer on my kids' play if they were on there permanently. They use them for so many things that they'd get in the way. Plus I don't think they could move them around as easily themselves. That is what I would love to do....I hate not using the canopy since we have it....and it does...
Thanks! I think you are right. I'm going to talk to DH about taking them apart. I really want to rig up a way that the canopy can come off....like maybe putting notches in them so they slide down over the top dowels of the playstands. But I really think having them stuck in the girls room is going to keep them from getting a ton of play.
I'd love some help with this. We aren't Waldorf, but I really like learning more about the principles, and am trying to simplify our lives. I just read Simplified Parenting and LOVED it. I had been wanting to get playstands for awhile. Through some freelance writing work, I was able to earn a set of playstands and canopy from Little Colorado. It wasn't the set I would have picked if I was buying them outright, but for the cost to us (nothing!) I am thrilled. Before we...
Thanks everyone! I just checked my email and the playstands will be coming Tuesday! I've been at the beach all week so I haven't done anything to prepare yet. But I really appreciate the suggestions, and I was able to finish the book Simplified Parenting (which is EXCELLENT) while I was here so I'm very excited about working on this before we put the playstands together. Any more suggestions will be used as well! I may consult you guys when I get home about what toys to...