or Connect

Posts by sprout 1

So I finally told my mom that if she wants to be a part of ds's and my life, she needs to go to some therapy or otherwise change the way she treats us. We haven't spoken since then, and I doubt we will for some time. I miss her already, but I just remember the last time I saw her, when I finally told her that it was enough. We were driving in the car together, talking about what was going on and it was going OK. I really didn't say anything rude or mean because DS was...
I just wanted to add my 2 cents on situation #2. DS was born tongue tied, and even after they snipped it he couldn't/wouldn't nurse. I was pumping every 2 hours but my milk was not coming in (it finally did at day 5!!!) Anyway, I actually asked the nurse if anyone on the wing would consider donating surplus milk to DS, and she looked at me like I was crazy and left the room. I figured it would be better than formula, which is what he ended up getting supplemented with...
I looooove our shetlands, Ellen! My "baby", Jack is a moorit wether and I'm just completely in love with him. We also have a black ram, black ewe and their baby (born on DS's 2nd birthday!) who looks just like a cow. In the winter they were just like snowballs and when they were sheared I almost died because I forgot how small they are!
Thanks everyone! It's so great to have a place I can go to ask the questions I don't trust my doctor and family with. I checked out the paraphimosis page, and I'm much more comfortable knowing what a "problem" might look like. Leaving DS intact was never a decision for us, we just knew that it was the only thing to do. So I didn't spend a lot of time researching all the things that *could* go wrong. (Just like I don't research diseases or other conditions if he isn't...
I looked at the stickies but this situation doesn't really fall under those categories... sorry if this question has been asked tons of times before, but I'm kinda freaking out! I feel terrible discussing my son's penis on a discussion board, but I honestly don't know anyone who knows anything about healthy intact penises, and I want to know if this situation is normal. It was so hot today that I sat down with a naked DS (26 months old) to read some books. He squished...
Well it's a good thing that I don't mind lumpy yarn. Because I just can't keep the tension right. I'm going to see if I have any better luck on the wheel. Has anyone spun wool "in the grease" if that's what it's called? I mentioned those bags of wool out in the barn, and I'm ready to start preparing them to make some soakers for DS. Is there any way to wash it so it keeps a lot of lanolin but doesn't smell so... sheepy?
Oh I agree. I do love this age, for me it seems to just keep getting better as he gets older. I'm almost worried that it's going to stop getting better and someday I'll think, hmmm, where'd that 26 month-old fun go? There are times, like when we're trying to cross the street, that I'm totally unappreciative of ds's courage! Or his determination, like when he looks over or under his glasses ALL DAY because he doesn't want to wear them. But I'm very proud of how sensitive...
Thanks everyone for your support. It does help me to see things more clearly, and gives me new ways to process what's going on. I wanted to point out that she didn't break my arm, my brother did. She didn't stop him from beating me up, though, and I partially blame her for all the years of terror that went on until CPS stepped in when I went to the hospital with a broken arm (that they knew couldn't have happened from "falling down the stairs" like I had to tell them)....
I mentioned she said "this conversation is over" when she called while I was writing my first post. Well, she called back a little while later, and we ended up getting in a big fight. I told her that I didn't respect her decision to hit us and that she would have to be gentle with DS, and offered to give her books, etc. to help her find ways to teach him without hurting him. she exploded at me, and I understand that my remark may have cut her a little, but she really...
I must be strange, I'm not usually worried about germs. Except when we fly, then I'm nuts! For some reason I just don't like being stuck in the same air with a bunch of people for so long. I carry hand sanitizer and I'm merciless (to those germs, of course) :LOL