or Connect

Posts by Poogles0213

I try not to lump people into groups, thus I did not lump you in with the ultra-judgemental people I've seen post here, since I've never seen anything from you that seems that judgemental. Likewise, I would appreciate not being lumped in with all the people who read/post at the blog in question - there is no monolithic group there, just as there is not here. I have never humiliated or shamed anyone on a public forum. Disagreed with, yes. Discussed their stories, yes....
That is not what I said. In response to you saying you've never met a more judgemental person than myself, I said the judgement that I see from posters here on MDC (not necessarily yourself) over things like circumcision and CIO (characterizing these things as "child abuse" for instance), is far worse than any judgement I, personally, have directed at people who make decisions I disagree with. I did not mention your specific views on circumcision, nor defend all of the...
Then I think the best thing to do would be to support women in all safe birthing options, from HB to Maternal Request CS, instead of just supporting the opposite of "mainstream". At least, that's how it seems to me.
I agree. Would love to see ALL birth professionals represented here. After all, don't we support all birth choices, whether home or hospital?
Here's some info about the vaccine court: "Since 1988, the program has been funded by an excise tax of 75 cents on every purchased dose of covered vaccine. To win an award, a claimant must show a causal connection; if medical records show a child has one of several listed adverse effects soon after vaccination, the assumption is that it was caused by the vaccine. The burden of proof is the civil-law preponderance-of-the-evidence standard, in other words a showing that...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueLeaf while I don't agree with the sentiment of the shirt, I do understand why they made it and why people will buy it. Feeding our babies has become a contentious issue, with breastfeeding moms feeling pressure to cover, feed in private, etc. On the flipside, forumula feeding moms feel disapproval for their choices - look at every pro-BF'ing article, and how 90% of the comments are the "I can't BF!" sort. I see this as a...
Just posting some info re: the vaccine court and how it works (from Wikipedia): "The VICP uses a no-fault system for resolving vaccine injury claims [...]If certain minimal requirements are met, legal expenses are compensated even for unsuccessful claims[...] To win an award, a claimant must show a causal connection; if medical records show a child has one of several listed adverse effects soon after vaccination, the assumption is that it was caused by the vaccine. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by SlackerDad With a couple exceptions, hardly anyone posting on this thread seems to have seen the same movie I just did, that was vile and hateful and dripping with contempt for people who attachment parent, use midwives and doulas, etc. To me, it was like blatant misogyny or racism on screen, except toward those of us who parent this way. I am utterly stunned that (again, with a couple exceptions) posters here have blithely...
I would guess the majority (or, at least, more than half) of people in my area spank. The mindset seems to be that children *need* to be spanked otherwise "they'll never learn!" and not spanking is assumed to mean permissive parenting or neglect. I totally agree, though, that it varies greatly from region to region and even community to community. Growing up, I never knew there was any other type of discipline. I think the first time I had a time-out was when I was...
I diagnosed myself with reactive hypoglycemia after about 2 years of feeling flushed, tired, irritable (just generally crappy) about 1-2 hours after I'd eat. I was going to my doc to try and figure it out but they weren't helping much. They checked my blood-sugars after a fast, but it was within normal limits. When I discovered reactive hypoglycemia, it fit perfectly with what I was experiencing! It's pretty much been under control since I made some changes to my diet....