or Connect

Posts by TrishWSU

Can you see another doctor? I only ask because my baby is way off the WHO growth chart in weight and about 25th percentile in length. Her doctor isn't overly concerned as she's overall healthy and happy. We had an appointment today and at 3 mos she's only 8lbs 12oz (she was 6.12 at birth.) She has plenty of wet and poopy diapers a day, she's where she should be developmentally for her age, and generally a happy baby, just small. It averages out that she gains almost 0.5 oz...
I think the problem with that is wool and flannel (or another absorbent material) have different washing requirements. If you use 100% wool it will felt when washed and dried. You could probably add a layer of fleece for breathability and leak-proofness.
Great idea to continue the monthly chat threads. It's nice to hear how everyone else's babies are doing and to see that what Amelia does is about the same as other babies her age. Kali, I'm sorry for your loss. About your DD being a night owl, I'm reading a book called The 90 Minute Baby Sleep Program and the author says that it's pretty usual for babies to stay up late the first three months then they start going to be earlier on their own after that. Hopefully that's...
I have some made from several layers of flannel (like 6-8 layers) but had to just get disposable ones. I leaked right through all of them.
Wow, I didn't know you could make it into candy. I'm guessing when you eat the candy it'll be similar to having it in brownies, you'll feel its effects but not be stoned and non-functional. I wouldn't be overly worried about the part that passes through breast milk. The Tylenol and ibuprofen passes through breast milk as well and they're very hard on the liver. And no judgment from me. I know many people who have greatly benefited from the pain relieving abilities of MJ,...
2-3 hours should not effect your supply. I'm guessing your lo probably nurses about every 2-3 hours at this point. Either nurse or pump before you go and then again when you get back. As a former EPer I can tell you it's kind of a pain to drag a pump everywhere with you and try to find a spot to pump. If you're going to be gone for 5+ hours then I'd try to pump at around the3 hour mark.
We see a naturopathic doc. She said she can prescribe medication for the reflux but we'll try the homeopathic remedies first, which is what I prefer. From some reading I've been doing it seems like the medications they give for reflux either don't make a difference or they may help the reflux but then cause constipation. That probably doesn't make for a happy baby either. She sleeps really well at night when she's in bed next to me, it's just during the day that she...
Kali, I have to take 4800 mg of lecithin daily to prevent plugged ducts. If I forget for a day or two I start getting them again. And that's how our days are going. Dd will not sleep for anything during the day and she so tired and cranky all the time. She falls asleep nursing then either wakes up immediately after stopping or sleeps 20 minutes max. We had our first well baby visit today (we had checkups with our mw until 6 weeks.) She's only up to 8lbs 6oz, barely 1.5lbs...
That's pretty cool. I think I have everything you need to make one too. I'll give it a try. I've been trying the swaddling, white noise , and dark room combination with some success. I can usually at least get her down but she still only sleeps 20 minutes. She does so well at night but just refuses to nap. I'm trying to really pay attention to her awake time and start trying to get her to sleep by 45-60 minutes of being awake. It's bot really helping yet, but it's only...
I have one of the Bravado Essntial Embrace bras and it did come with conversion kit.