or Connect

Posts by TrishWSU

The ignorant and completely uninformed comments from doctors are just scary. I dont think I've really gotten any about breastfeeding specifically, but when my DP's parents came to visit baby girl was about 2 weeks old and nursing all the time. His mom made sure to tell me that she "had" to put rice cereal in DP's bottles starting at ten days old or else he'd just want to eat every 2-3 hours. Then she told me this again when we saw a month later. I've heard the tooth thing...
I stay home, exclusively bf and pump as well (both to have extra and I donate.) I pump first thing in the morning after we get up (she's happy and full and I have the most milk then.) Then I try to pump after she nurses during the day, even if it's only for 5-10 minutes. The 1-2 oz I get adds up by the end of the day. Sometimes I'll pump before bed if I can manage it, but I usually end up going to bed with her so it doesn't happen often. When we've given her a bottle I...
She's been to the chiro a few times. She needs another adjustment but our chirp has been out of town. I've been wondering if I should do an elimination diet. I'm mostly dairy free (just cheese and butter on occasion) so that will be easy but I eat a pretty gluten-full these days since those foods seem to be the quickest to grab. Right now I'll try just about anything to help her sleep.
My 10 week old will only sleep for 20 minutes at a time during the day, and that's usually only if I'm holding her. If I try to put her down (in the bassinet, swing, bouncy seat...I've tried every safe place to lay her down) she either instantly wakes up or does so within 5 minutes. Even in a sling or wrap she only sleeps for about 20 minutes. In between her catnaps she's just crying unless she's attached to my boob. She's not hungry, doesn't need her diaper changed, she...
My 10 week old has been doing that for a long time too, seems like since a month or so old. We just hold her under her arms/around her chest to support her. The annoying part about it is that she tries to "stand" up when she's in a sling or wrap too.
Aww, the babies are so cute! My little bit is 10 weeks now. Here she is after a shower with daddy. (And seriously, taking her in the shower is so much easier than baths right now.)[/IMG] She loves the fish on the swing mobile and will sit and "talk" to them. It's so cute!
Oh, I couldn't have come and read this at a better time. DD has been crying all the time, pretty much since 3 weeks. It seems like it's better for a few days then it's back to all day screaming. It doesn't really seem like anything is wrong, she just cries. I think part of the problem is she doesn't sleep. She only sleeps for 20-30 minutes and only if I'm holding her. Sometimes she'll fall asleep in the swing but still only sleeps for 20 minutes. Right now it's sleep for...
Uh yeah, the groping...that's about the only reason I'll probably give in here soon. Lida, you're much nicer than me...DP will "suggest" a bj when I turn him down for dtd and I tell him unless he's become flexible enough to take care of it himself it's not happening. I'm way too tired and completely touched out by the end of the day to care about taking care of DP's needs. I keep trying to put DD on her tummy to sleep but it doesn't seem to help either. Of course, today...
I really like the Bravado nursing bras. I'm a 34 H while nursing and their Essential Embrace bra is very supportive for me without being underwire. For sports bras I really like Moving Comfort Juno bras. They have both band and cup sizes so you get the right fit. The front straps have Velcro to adjust for breast changes and I've always thought that it'd be a great feature to have while breastfeeding. Its a very supportive sports bra-I ran a marathon wearing one and had no...
Ow, Lilac that sounds painful! We still haven't dtd...I'm just really not interested in it yet, although DP keeps making it clear he is, lol! Kind of glad I'm still bleeding so I can use that as an excuse Baby still will only stay asleep if I'm holding her or she's laying next to me so that makes it a little hard to get intimate. Plus she's never ready to go to bed til around 11. There's only been one night that she slept in the bassinet and that took me standing next to...