or Connect

Posts by TrishWSU

I haven't really posted much here, but I am 33 weeks and have been UP this whole pregnancy. Recently I started having some symptons of Obstetric Cholestais so I want to get the blood tests done to find out if I actually have it. So I have called two OB offices to see if I can get an appointment and used the story that I have been seeing an unlicensed mw (technically true-I'm not a licensed mw ) and she thinks I need these tests. Well both offices said that their obs...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teenytoona I really wanted a whisper wear, but apparently those are no longer being made. I was wondering what was going on with them! I have the double pump and one of them no longer works so I was going to see if I could get it repaired but their site is not working and I can never get through to the customer service # listed on my owner's manual. Granted my pump is like 4 years old now. That's one mystery solved!
Yes, I can't emphasize enough to new moms and pregnant ladies I meet how important having support is! I know I would have given up in the first few weeks/months if my ex hadn't been very supportive and dedicated to helping me with breastfeeding and my mw who was always available to help. Dea, also checkout http://milkshare.birthingforlife.com/ You may be able to find a mama in your area who can donate if you need it. My IM found a lady a few hours away from us that...
I am one who did not like the PIS. I know others rave about it, but for me I was able to pump more and get it done faster with my single Isis hand pump than the double electric PIS. I have also used the Whisper Wear, and it was great for it's ability to allow me to sit at my computer eat lunch, and even sit in class while pumping. But I was very large while BF (36DDD) and I don't think it's really made for the larger breasted. I had to be very careful how I positioned...
I would be thrilled to death to find out this is just dry skin! I've never really had a problem with it before, but between the crazy weather (it keeps going from like 40 to 70 here!) and the pregnancy hormones I wouldn't rule it out. I am waiting for offices to open so I can start calling and see if I can get a walk-in appointment. I got out of the Army in Sept and I haven't established care with a Primary doctor or anyone so the places I called keep wanting to...
Glad everything is ok! I hope your little one gets his butt in gear {literally!} and flips around gor you!
Oh yes, I'm going to start calling OBs this morning {I don't have a civillan GP or and OB-I just got out of the Army} to see if I can get in for the blood tests. I'd be so happy if this turned out to be just some weird skin irritation! I guess I should change the rash part...it's not really a rash, it's just bumps that have shown up from me scratching so much, which I read can happen with ICP. Kassie, one thing, when you say you had your ds at home at 37 weeks did...
Oh, yes I will definetly talk to my IPs about this. So far they have left everything to do with pregnancy/birth up to me. They weren't even going to get an u/s if I didn't want one. They have let me decide what to do if I go into pre-term labor, or if the baby is breech, etc... From further reading {can ya'll guess what I've been doing for the last few hours?} monitoring really doesn't do much because the baby does not show signs of distress or anything. They just...
Quote: Originally Posted by heartandhandsdoula This is not from a MW but an ICP mama. generally there is no rash with this...have you researched pupps? At first I thought about PUPPs mainly because that is the only pregnancy rash I've heard of, but everything I've read on that says it usually starts on and stays mainly on the stomach. Mine started as itching, and the bumps started showing up after I scratched, which I read was common with ICP...
Oh no!! I hope it is prodomal and you're back home in no time. Sending some "Stay, baby, stay" vibes!!