or Connect

Posts by EnchantedMamma

THE very best diaper cream for horrible bottoms (like the 3 days of diarrhea bottom) is Dr. Smith's Diaper Cream. Just Google it. You may have to buy it online as it is made in TX.   A pharmacist mentioned it to me. I'd used every other 'super strength' cream to no avail. It makes me feel awful when my daughter would scream b/c the rash was so bad. This works. Period. It actually heals, rather than just serving as a barrier. It's super expensive, but I always have a...
My son had nightmares around that age. Woke up but not 100% awake. Clearly upset but would NOT tell me what the nightmare was (usually).   Tried every mode of comforting. Nothing calmed him except time. I would hold him and he'd cry. I'd ask if he wanted me to leave. He'd say no. I said I would leave if he didn't stop crying - he'd tell me not to leave, but could NOT stop crying. It was heartbreaking.   I don't know if we had 100% success, but what often...
I am purging all kinds of craft goodies that I simply don't have space for in my life right now!   -80 light/ice blue pearlescent envelopes (#10 size)   -100 blue polka dot 'Washi' envelopes. 4.75x6.5" (bright blue w/lighter dots)   -Fabric + Batting + lining (black dahlia fabric w yellow flower outlines, pale yellow flannelette, thread, buttons, daisy yellow seam tape, and buttons. I was planning to make a kindle cover... so it's about big enough to make a...
Does she not sleep alone for naps?   Mine did, but would/will not (16 mo old still wants to snuggle, 4yo OK alone) stay asleep at night alone.   I have never let people dictate what goes on in my bedroom, period. Or how I raise my children.   Name one single, healthy 18 yr old who sleeps in their parents' bed every night. Really.   It's not only normal, it's a need for most babies. The very best thing you can do is spend as much time skin to skin (or very...
I hear e-junkie is good for digital downloads. You'd want MailChip or AWeber for emailing newsletters and such.   You might check out MyWifeQuitHerJob.com for info about opening up an ecommerce store.   If you've made any progress would love to hear about it!
A self-hosted Wordpress.org blog is truly the best option. You buy a domain and hosting, then install the blog as your main site, or as a blog on a site.   You can get hosted blogs, but there are limitations that many prefer to avoid.   If you must have hosted, you can check out Typepad, Wordpress.com, and Blogger.   For some awesome blogging resources check out BlogcastFM.com. They interview bloggers, authors, etc and are a great resource for ideas and...
It's really hard to say without experiencing the tantrums, but I would look at the book "The Strong Willed Child", and also look up 'oppositional defiance disorder'.   My other thought is to consider that you may be confusing intelligence and maturity. Your son may well HEAR you and even understand (on a basic level) the words you are saying but will still ACT his age. It's OK! It's very much an age of 'testing' boundaries and limits and caretakers.   My only...
Excellent post mumquest!   I think I am in a similar boat. I'd learned on my own to deal with situational anxiety quite well and assumed 'whatever' was wrong with me was no anxiety. And so I kept looking and looking and looking for answers. Couldn't find anything.   Finally put two and two together (a few comments here and there, my sleep study results, more research, etc) and realized that chemical anxiety (or what I think of as 'my brain won't shut off/up')...
Don't give up yet!   Did they not tell you that the Wellbutrin will probably not kick in for about 3-4 weeks? You may experience negative side effects sooner (including anxiety, unfortunately), but the full benefits are not typically seen for at least three weeks. Something to keep in mind.   In the meantime (whether you continue WB or get Zoloft - which takes about a week at least to begin working) do what you need to do to support yourself! I had to snack a lot...
I didn't believe I had anxiety for the longest time because there wasn't a specific thing that I was worried or upset about.   Finally I realized that anxiety, for me, just means that my brain is 'stuck in a loop' on things, so to speak. It's plain old brain over-activity and not necessarily thought-specific.