or Connect

Posts by Sophia's Mommy

Andi, that is so funny! The only time I've done my hair and put on makeup in the past 8 months is when dh says it's time for Mommy to be in a few pictures! Other than that, it's sweats and a t-shirt. If I'm lucky enough to get a shower, I put my hair in a barette and air dry. My daughter is scared of the blow dryer. Dh travels for work, and there are times I barely brush my hair for 2 days, let alone bathe! I don't know what I'm going to do now that its Spring and I...
Here's something to try.... fill the playpen with balls, the kind like are in the ball pit at Chuck-E-Cheese. This keeps my 8 month old daughter occupied for 5 or 10 minutes. Of course I need to stay in the same room smiling at her, but at least I can concentrate on something else for a bit. As for the shower, I also use the Exersauser right next to the shower curtain. I'll give her something different to play with, like a toothbrush or the toothpaste tube (with the...
Try a stack of tupperware-like containers, empty cardboard boxes, or a ball. Have Fun but Take it Easy.
Wow! Something other than "convenience parenting" in mainstream media??? Well, semi-mainstream anyway. When does your show air?
This is all a matter of opinion, of course. But my vote is still to disable the airbag and put them up front. Second choice is turn them front facing earlier. I say up front before turning them around because most accidents are fender-benders, and baby is safer upfront rear-facing than in back forward-facing in a fender-bender (due to whiplash effect). In a catastrophic accident the baby is safest rear facing in back, but in my opinion the risk of that type of...
okay, I know I'm in the minority here, but I think "safe" is relative. It's safer to wear a helmet when you ride a bike, and even when you ski, but I don't. Volvos are safest, but I don't drive one. I hike, pilot small aircraft, snowmobile, and do other "unsafe" things. Doing what's safest is sometimes no fun, or even miserable. My daughter is safest in the back seat, rear facing. No argument. But she is safer in a carseat in the front (with no airbag) than she...
The car seat holder with the backpack straps is called "Ultimate Car Seat & Booster Seat Carrier" by J.L. Childress. They have them at Babyage.com for $45. We just bought one, but haven't used it yet. Happy Travels!!
Hi. My Sophia is 7 1/2 months old, in the 75th percentile for length and weight. The NewNative works for the hip carry, but it doesn't really come up far enough on her back that I would feel comfortable letting go to use my hand for something else. And when she gets tired, there isn't really a way to hold her in front or as a backpack. Theoretically I could still put her inside the pouch, but she HATES being that constrained. She wants to stretch out her legs. It...
I loved my NewNative when she was an infant, but now it's not versitile enough. The B'Jorn isn't versitile either plus it's hard to pack into a diaper bag. I've heard rave reviews about the Maya Wrap and am thinking of getting one. Also interested to see the posts!
OshKoshB'Gosh online has some good prices, but I'm finding that their pants are for skinny babies! My 7 month old is too "healthy" (read: Chubby! ) for their 12 month pants! I'm hoping to get some ideas from this thread too!