or Connect

Posts by 4clothkiddos

another vote for craigslist...I have used it so many times for many things, including used diapers :
we shop at costco....the milk available at our local costco is either organic in a milk carton which isn't as readily recycleable as a plastic milk jug....OR non organic milk in a plastic carton which I can throw in the curbside recycling bin. What do I do? any brilliant opinions???
we use mostly chinese prefolds so I get away with using this laundry soap recipe. (you aren't supposed to use it on diapers with fleece because it can cause repelling) I don't use any extra rinses with our HE washer and never have any problems. I DO use the "sanitary" cycle which heats the water to 150 degrees. Hmmmm maybe the sanitary cycle has more rinsing built in....I'll have to check that out. Our diapers are insanely clean after using our HE washer though. ...
Just wondering if anyone knows much about The Diaper Sprayer? I wanted to buy one, but couldn't find any reviews by cloth diaper users. This is not the "mini shower", it's actually called the diaper sprayer.
I like Green Earth Prefolds with a wool cover by day...and a hemp flat diaper from Green Earth Mama with a hemp liner and an Aristocrats cover by night.: We never have a leak and it's the most natural way I have found to diaper. We have used prefolds for almost 8 years now on all 4 of my kids. We even had 3 different kids in the same size prefolds at one time! Yikes
Quote: So last night, I use a heiny hugger diaper that had been washed/dried at least 2 times (may have been 3). Lining that, I used a hemp prefold folded in thirds and then folded over that had been washed/dried 3x and was definitely absorbent, based on how long it took to dry And covered it with the above Aristocrats. And had the 2:30 am leaking (he was changed at around 9:00) So sorry to hear that you are still having leaks. Try using one hemp...
I could have written a couple of the earlier posts. I have 4 also, ages 7, 6, 4, 2. We homeschool, and just today, I about to go postal after we finished our school time. After much talking (and prayer more importantly) my husband and I have come to the conclusion that I am doing too much. Duh! We just have to prioritize and choose the most important battles as moms (and dads). Sometimes, that means eating store bought food, gasp and letting the kids watch TV...
Quote: Thanks a bunch, we are actually not in CT either. But I will send that link to them. I couldn't find what type of diapers they use. Do you happen to know? I want to send them a few diapers for a baby gift, but want to send the same type if possible. I believe they use many different types of dipes...depends on what is donated. My company donates these Chinese prefolds, but I know every supporter donates differnent things. You can get a...
Your BIL should apply to Miracle Diapers . They are not necessarily local to you, but do help people cloth diaper all over the country. Our company supports them and have had only positive contact with them.
Something to consider, but it sounds like the first part refers to SEVERE poisoning from severe exposure. There is no severe exposure going on when using borax as an ingredient in laundry soap. The Wikipedia article also said the following right before the above quote: Borax, sodium tetraborate decahydrate, is not acutely toxic. [5] Its LD50 score is tested at 2.66 g/kg in rats. [6] This does not mean that it is safe, merely that a significant dose of the chemical...