or Connect

Posts by 4clothkiddos

For a long time now, we have been using a 2-layer hemp "flat" from GreenEarthMama.com, with a hemp liner and a Staciantor (or Aristocrats) wool cover at night. I use a dry hemp "wipe" as a liner and put a bit of zinc (sometimes desitin sometimes butt paste) on her bottom. The liner keeps the desitin from getting on the diaper. We were having a problem with ammonia smell in the mornings after a 12 hour night. The zinc cream helps her very sensitive skin not be...
My hubby is a public middle school teacher also. We homeschool our 4 kids and have had MANY conversations about the "socializing" thing. He sees the kids in his classes who have been homeschooled previously and have returned to the public schools because homeschooling didn't work out (for whatever reason) in their families. It's important to teach your kids, whether homeschooled or public, how to respect others and be confident in different social settings. There are...
we homeschool in English and Spanish. I pretty much just focus on conversation in Spanish. When you learn your first languages as a baby you learn by hearing, then speaking follows, reading and writing follow that. I think it is important to understand the natural way of learning a language. That's not to say don't try to teach any alphabet early on, but just speak, speak, speak and immerse your child in the languages and don't force the written too soon.
We use a hand knit wool cover over chinese prefolds during the day. I LOVE it because it's all natural and breathable and pull-on so it's trim. I only wish we had done this on the first three cloth diapered kids too!
Now I'm hungry! I cook my beans on LOW (easier on a gas stove) for about 5 or 6 hours until soft. Then I either puree beans and liquid in my food processor (lazy) or mash with a bean/potato masher by hand. Then heat oil in a cast iron frying pan or any fry pan. I use olive oil sometimes, but bacon grease makes the BEST beans....not healthy though. Add beans to oil and fry about 20-30 minutes adding liquid as needed. I add sea salt at the very end to taste so it isn't...